Big Soup Spoon toes.

(8 Posts)
crackedphone Thu 17-Mar-16 23:21:17

I have big sons with big feet.
One son, who hasnt got the biggest feet, has soup spoon toes, and every day, and I mean EVERYDAY he puts on a pair of sock his fat big toe pokes a hole in the end.

I hate buying socks, hate washing socks with holes. I hate drying socks I hate throwing away socks. ( I dont pair the fuckers, I just dump them in a basket for everyone to dip into, because I hate pairing socks for 6 people)

I have brought cheap ones, expensive ones , middle range price ones and still its all big fat soup spoon toes dragging on the floor.

I tried reinforced toe ones, and they worked for a while, but cant find any more.

I hate his toes. I love him, but hate his bloody ugly soup spoon toes.

AIBU?

ExitPursuedByABear Thu 17-Mar-16 23:28:24

Tell me more about socks with reinforced toes.

I have an errant big toe nail (caused by a painful incident with a stone chisel) and I can hole a sock in seconds.

Does anyone pair socks?

Fatmomma99 Fri 18-Mar-16 00:25:37

my grandmother darned..........

crackedphone Fri 18-Mar-16 10:54:02

sewing?!! me! NEVER!

WorraLiberty Fri 18-Mar-16 10:58:48

JCB make socks with reinforced toes.

I have 3 boys with the same problem and a DH who wears steel toe capped boots.

The JCB socks have made it to their one year anniversary, which is so amazing that we're actually holding a party for them and inviting family and friends to share our joy.

We may even have a street party, weather permitting.

WorraLiberty Fri 18-Mar-16 11:01:19

I bought them from Asda btw, but if you Google, you can buy them online from various sites.

I pair socks, I even peg them out side by side in matching pairs to make it easier to pair them up when dry blush

crackedphone Fri 18-Mar-16 12:01:43

will order online. thanks.

I cant pair up all my socks on the line. I have a large loading washing machine and have 2 full loads of underwear to wash a week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now