Talk

Advanced search

to be afraid of putting myself out there?

(5 Posts)
ExpressTrainComingThrough Thu 17-Mar-16 19:37:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SilverMachine Thu 17-Mar-16 20:10:28

It sounds like you have put a lot of thought and hard work in to this and it would be an awful shame not to follow it through. I totally understand the feelings of self doubt though, it can be difficult to push through that.

I have been through something similar recently, I wrote something that is going to be published to an audience, it's small scale but I have been so consumed with the worry that I will look ridiculous and everyone will judge me, it's difficult to enjoy the process even though it's something I have been really wanting to do.

I suppose I'm not in the best position to offer advice but I really do think you just need to think "Sod it" and take the jump. It well may be the best thing you ever do and to use a trite phrase, nothing that is worth doing is ever easy!

Good luck!

curren Thu 17-Mar-16 20:13:57

Take the plunge!!

I started a business just by advertising on Twitter. It was big step to say it was me. But everyone I know really rallied round.

2 years later it's huge success. Definitely worth the risk

ijustwannadance Thu 17-Mar-16 20:15:16

To me it seems like you have done the hardest part already! Site is good to go. Regret will feel worse than nerves. At least show your DH if you need an opinion.

oneDtwoD Thu 17-Mar-16 21:12:45

I have a problem with lack of self-confidence and low self-esteem. I've delayed lots of things in life because i was worried about being noticed (I generally try and get through life being as unobtrusive as possible) or about not being good enough. But i have pushed myself and nothing has ever gone wrong or turned out horribly. In fact the more you put yourself out, there the easier it gets.

I generally apply the 'run over by a bus' test. If i got knocked down by a bus tomorrow and had a few minutes to review my life before dying, would i regret not doing the thing that I'm reluctant to do. If that moment ever comes, i don't want to wish I'd done x but didn't have the guts to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now