Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask you all to reassure me that no one noticed?

(110 Posts)
FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 17:41:25

Ds just got back from a three day residential school trip. I was unpacking his bag, putting away his wash things, when I noticed that the hastily emptied washbag, hadn't been properly emptied before I put his things in it

blush

Yes, I sent my 9 year old ds on a school trip with condoms.

They were still there which suggests that they weren't spotted by anyone, but were in a string pockety bit, so fully visible.

Ds is not the most observant of children. I'm hoping I've got away with it.

It's not that bad, is it? Is it?! Some of you must have sent your dcs with worse? Gin maybe?! Class A drugs?!

<clutches at straws>

blush

Iggi999 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:42:22

shock

ctjoy103 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:43:01

Really?

Kitkatmonster Thu 17-Mar-16 17:45:01

Lol. You have to tell him this story when he's an adult smile

PizzaPower Thu 17-Mar-16 17:45:42

I don't want to worry you, but Sky News are running the story now.

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 17:46:00

No, don't say, 'Really?' That suggest that no normal parent would have done this so I must be trolling.

I am a normal parent. Or I was.

FrozenPonds Thu 17-Mar-16 17:46:33

Don't worry, if they are anything like my lot, the washbag won't have seen the light of day.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:47:12

Chris is not a troll!

That is rather amusing grin

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 17:47:20

Frozen, I suspect that may be the case. I never thought I'd be grateful that ds has to be encouraged to wash.

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 17:48:26

Fanjo, I'd like to be a troll grin I'd like this not to be true. Oh god, I really like his teacher. I'm trying to remember if she was acting oddly at all. I don't think she was.

LottieDoubtie Thu 17-Mar-16 17:48:45

grin if they are still there and DS is still speaking to you I'm going to say you got away with it!

LottieDoubtie Thu 17-Mar-16 17:49:31

If the teacher knew she'd have confiscated them before they turned into water balloons... at 9? You may have got away with it...

Buzzardbird Thu 17-Mar-16 17:49:32

DD just got back too. Her washbag was strangely untouched. Are you sure he even went in there?

Chinks123 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:50:50

grin they won't have noticed or I'm sure a teacher would have taken them. It was a genuine and very funny mistake with no harm done.

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 17:51:32

Ds has mentioned nothing. He couldn't keep this quiet.

I think you're right. Brain had gone into panicked mode. We got away with it.

It was dh's old washbag, I just tipped it all out and put his things in. I should have checked. Why didn't I check? How could I not have noticed them?

WutheringFrights Thu 17-Mar-16 17:51:36

He's nine, don't worry, he didn't wash or clean his teeth for three days!

PolterGoose Thu 17-Mar-16 17:52:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 17:53:45

Loving that all my reassurance is coming from the grossness of children grin

I'm feeling reassured.

If the teacher had found them and chucked them I'd be carrying on in blissful ignorance.

Chinks123 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:54:34

I would also bet he didn't use the wash bag confused and just be glad it wasn't a sex toy! That would have raised more eyebrows if they'd found that haha

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 17:54:50

Nice work Polter! That's my backup plan. I've been training ds in the arts of prepping.

Jw35 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:55:00

He wouldn't have delved too deeply into the wash bag at 9. He probably barely used it! Very funny mistake to mortifying him with when he's an adult! grin cringe!

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 17-Mar-16 17:55:22

i think I love you chris grin

amazing

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 17:56:31

I'll save it for his wedding day grin

It'll make a lovely part of the speech.

SupSlick Thu 17-Mar-16 17:58:01

I once was packing ds(3) nursery bag whilst sorting out my washing/drying. Ended up sending him to nursery with a bag full of thongs & skimpy underwear blush

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Thu 17-Mar-16 18:00:01

Thank God! SupSlick, you are marvellous! grin

Except I now have a vague memory of once sending ds swimming with a pair of dh's boxers instead of his costume.

I thought I'd successfully blocked that out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now