Talk

Advanced search

For reading too much into this

(8 Posts)
namechangeformypost Thu 17-Mar-16 16:05:01

I am recently single and got chatting to a guy I used to work with, he recently "became single" too, I've put that in quotation marks but I'm not actually sure he is. He still has her as a friend on fb, still has photos of her on his fb. And vice versa.
We've known each other for 5 years so i have him on fb and can see his profile etc
AIU to over think this

Tryingtostayyoung Thu 17-Mar-16 16:25:32

Hmmm I think you ABU and probably overthinking it, how long were they together for? Lots of my friends don't bother deleting ex's because their amicable.

MorticiaLiverish Thu 17-Mar-16 18:07:27

Yes, overthinking.

I wouldn't bother deleting my ex if we had split on good terms mainly because I'm nosy and would want to see what he was up to without me. Especially photos, they must have shared some good times together so why shouldn't he keep a record of that?

curren Thu 17-Mar-16 18:12:47

I find it odd when someone deletes all trace of their last LTR off social media.

I would assume it's been a bad break up. You can't erase the past and if the split has been amicable why pretend it never happened?

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 17-Mar-16 18:54:36

I've been with my dp for 3 years and he has pics of his ex on his page (they are pics of him, his friends and family, DCs etc too, so would be odd to delete them!) I also have a couple of pics of my ex from before we split, along with a few taken since the split at DCs birthday celebrations etc. Neither of us are friends with exes on FB, but DP was when we first met. He only removed her because I think she found it awkward seeing pics of DP, me and his DCs together and he didn't like seeing the DCs with her boyfriend either. Not sure who unfriended whom, but they are still friendly in RL, just not on FB.

namechangeformypost Thu 17-Mar-16 22:35:36

Thanks,
I am BU but I just found it odd. Any exes have always deleted photos of me and unfriended me right away

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 17-Mar-16 23:33:06

Maybe it depends how long you were with the ex and how much shared history there is on FB?

Deleting the odd couply selfie not an issue, but if you have lots of events tagged with you together, as my DP and his ex do, on FB then deleting some of them seems a bit pointless as there will still be loads of other peoples photos with you in together.

I am now friends with DP's family on there, who are still also friends with his ex, so we end up cropping up on posts together although I am obviously more witty and eloquent so there will always be some overlap.

Annoying though, isn't it?!

namechangeformypost Fri 18-Mar-16 13:52:56

The exes that deleted photos, one relationship was 20 months, the other was 2 years and a bit.
This guy has been in a relationship for 2 years. No children. Barely any events tagged with her, just photos.
FWIW they have actually broken up but she is still hurt and so hasn't deleted the photos. That makes me feel a bit better lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now