Talk

Advanced search

To keep one of the presents i bought for DD's friend?

(9 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Thu 17-Mar-16 14:41:27

I was a bit stuck for present ideas (9yo girl) but managed to get her a book from a discount book shop about a hobby that the girl has been bought something for her birthdaty.

My budget tends to be no more than £10 unless its a close friend. The book was £2.99 (but reduced from £8) so i felt a bit cheap and went off to look for something else. I live in a small town and don't drive so no major stores, just independents - not complaining. Anyway, bought some smelly pens (£3.99) and wrapping paper £1.70. So thats a total spend of £8.70 and its quite a nice present i think, not a close friend and lets face it, she will get lots of presents. I also bought a pencil case for £4.99 which is actually really lovely but may be a bit grown up for the child (well, she might not like it....hmm) but i do! I'd be over budget if i gave it too her so i can keep it can't i?

Can't i?

ophiotaurus Thu 17-Mar-16 14:44:28

Just keep the pencil case. That present sounds fine.

Lweji Thu 17-Mar-16 14:45:41

You bought things and you give the things you want to give. You didn't sign a contract to give anything you bought.
Don't complicate it.

TheoriginalLEM Thu 17-Mar-16 14:58:47

oh i over complicate EVERYTHING - but i shall go with the consensus (of two) and keep my lovely new pencil case with flamingos on to put in my new coloured pens that i bought to use on my new journal that i haven't used yet because it was £££ and im too scared to ruin it! So just now im looking at it occasionally and sighing ....

Lweji Thu 17-Mar-16 15:03:29

smile

EatShitDerek Thu 17-Mar-16 15:05:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shoopshoopsong Thu 17-Mar-16 15:17:16

I want a flamingo pencil case now!

Pinkheart5915 Thu 17-Mar-16 15:25:42

keep the pencil case.
the book and pens you brought are more than acceptable to take to a children's party.

ophiotaurus Thu 17-Mar-16 16:02:39

You didn't say in your op it was flamingos! Def keep it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now