Talk

Advanced search

To think the Geordie shore girls might have body dysmorphic disorder

(23 Posts)
feellikeahugefailure Thu 17-Mar-16 12:52:02

Yes I know I watch this blush

I used to think they looked great, but watching the latest show they have clearly had so much done to themselves that they are all looking a bit the same. They were all pretty girls to start with, but now have that plastic Beverley hills look about them and they are still in mid / early 20s.

It doesn't seem healthy at all to me, but I could be overeatcting as I've had body issues myself.

MartinaJ Thu 17-Mar-16 12:58:57

TBH, I don't care. What I'm wondering is though, would they be even able to pronounce BDD let alone understand what it's about.

Stinkyfeet Thu 17-Mar-16 12:58:58

It's the lips that are utterly ridiculous I think!

Katedotness1963 Thu 17-Mar-16 13:35:09

They don't look like themselves now. They've even changed their eye colour! Personally, I'd give anything for brown eyes instead of boring blue...

Birdsgottafly Thu 17-Mar-16 13:49:14

"" What I'm wondering is though, would they be even able to pronounce BDD let alone understand what it's about.""

My teens watched this, so I did. The girls aren't stupid, once things are explained (Vicky used to do that) they do understand stuff, they do suffer from the lack of a good education, but I don't think the individual is to blame for that.

It's the world that they mix in and having money to burn, unfortunately.

Cindy on Hollyoaks was a very attractive woman, still is, but she's changed her face and given herself stupid looking lips.

I don't like GS because the sexism and emotional abuse towards the girls is never challenged. I'm glad Holly did so well because she was treated particularly appallingly, especially as she was only 18 when she started.

NewYearNewToads Thu 17-Mar-16 13:52:16

Personally, I'd give anything for brown eyes instead of boring blue...

There are plenty of brown eyed people out there who would give anything for blue eyes instead of boring brown.

The grass is always greener and all that.

manicinsomniac Thu 17-Mar-16 13:53:53

This might be grossly unfair of me as I've never actually watched it (so really shouldn't judge, I know!) but ... from what I've heard of the show I'd say it's more likely that they're just very vain and self centred than suffering from BDD.

VertigoNun Thu 17-Mar-16 13:55:11

I thought it wasn't a mh condition anymore and it's all about being in your real body. confused

Pantone363 Thu 17-Mar-16 14:00:26

I would seriously feel like I had failed if any of my kids turned out like them. Especially the boys. They are sexist, stupid, boring, orange twats.

Vixxfacee Thu 17-Mar-16 14:03:11

This is the narcissistic generation who think nothing of filling their lips with crap, plastering on make up, fake eyelashes and fake nails are standard, pose in bikinis or nearly naked, take constant pictures of themselves (either half naked or close up or new lips), want to be famous and can see that the quickest way to fortune is to appear in a shit show acting thick.

GoofyIsACow Thu 17-Mar-16 14:05:50

Chloe's 'im thick as fuck' stance is the most upsetting thing for me, Chantelle got in on the act in the latest episode, like a 'thick off'

LoopiusMaximus Thu 17-Mar-16 14:19:42

I personally don't think too much about what other people do to their faces or bodies. As long as they're not hurting anyone they can crack on.

I can see what you mean about it always being the 'more attractive' people who have the surgery done to 'enhance' themselves but go over the top and end up looking like MJ! Katie P was a natural beauty before all that work.

MrsJayy Thu 17-Mar-16 14:52:05

They are girls on telly drinking and shagging and wanting to look good there is filler places in hairdresser s now so it just seems the norm for some women hair nails trout lips

MrsJayy Thu 17-Mar-16 14:53:09

But yeah they all look the same

NickiFury Thu 17-Mar-16 15:13:29

Oh I don't know, Holly looks way better than she did and she's by no means skinny. They've got the money to do it so I suppose it's up to them. Charlotte I don't get though, she was really pretty right from the start, yeah she put on a bit of weight but she was still lovely looking, they all were. Personally I feel happier when I am at the weight I like to be. I do think they're under a lot of pressure to look good though.

BonnieF Thu 17-Mar-16 22:13:44

Chavs + 15 minutes of fame + money = unnecessary cosmetic procedures.

YouTheCat Thu 17-Mar-16 22:16:53

Geordie Shore pisses me off for so many reasons.

The fact that most of them aren't Geordies at all for a start. The fact that it's not even filmed in Newcastle. The fact that it depicts Geordies as thick and vain. Shallow gutter television.

TurnOffTheTv Thu 17-Mar-16 22:21:30

Are you from Newcastle YouTheCat?

NewYearNewToads Fri 18-Mar-16 01:38:20

That's why I refuse to watch it Cat

kali110 Fri 18-Mar-16 02:15:22

Pantone363 so you know they are all stupid then?
I agree in regards to sexism and abuse however not that they are all thick, especially not gaz, charlotte and scott( and ex vicky).
I feel very bad for Chloe as it's clear she isn't happy with her looks.
I really like holly.
Think her, charlotte and vicky did so well to lose the weight naturally.
The last series made me so sad though.
I know that majority of it is scripted and it's barely an hour but the way her bf kyle was talking to her, she can do some much better.

MrsJayy Fri 18-Mar-16 08:07:11

I dont think it portrays geordies as thick stupid it portrays a bunch of 20 somethings as vain and fame hungrey it could be filmed anywhere only reason its Geordie shore is it rhymes with the american programme.

ctjoy103 Fri 18-Mar-16 08:08:52

If any of them were my kids I feel I failed. Absolute gutter morals and disgusting. Such a bad representation of people their age. Thankfully I don't know any.

GreatFuckability Fri 18-Mar-16 08:10:31

I think its insulting to people who struggle with BDD to compare these vapid human beings with them tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now