Talk

Advanced search

To think this a crap way to get my vote

(28 Posts)
MushroomMama Thu 17-Mar-16 11:06:41

Had this through this morning. Now im not saying my area is the best but it's by no means "crap" or "humdrum"
I like the Green Party but this isn't selling it to me

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 17-Mar-16 11:08:45

No, that is a bit wanky.

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 17-Mar-16 11:11:22

"You live in a shit area, we can make it less shit." No, it wouldn't sell it to me either. hmm

Terribleknitter Thu 17-Mar-16 11:14:54

Well I'd tell him not to call it a crap area or a humdrum town in Council meetings for a start..
That's an awful leaflet, he needs to highlight any good parts of the place and ask how he can help to make it even better and single out certain areas in need of improvement and say how the Greens are going to improve things. Just calling the place crap is just going to get people annoyed confused

pinkcan Thu 17-Mar-16 11:15:01

Well there is absolutely nothing at all that directly states how exactly anything specific can be improved. To use his words, his leaflet is crap.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 17-Mar-16 11:50:02

It wouldn't sell me either. Infact. It's quite offensive. TBPH. To call people's area where they live, crap. I suppose he lives in 10 bedroom house does he.
I'm sure there are people born and bred in Page Moss who love it, same with new people. If I got a leaflet like that. I'd be livid. !!!!

GloGirl Thu 17-Mar-16 11:52:38

I'd post it off to the local newspaper see what they had to say!

Awful pamphlet.

MushroomMama Thu 17-Mar-16 11:56:17

Thank you!

Page moss is lovely really lots of families and a good community spirit! I only moved here in January from the supposedly posh area and I actually know my neighbours now whereas the ones were very snobby because we rented!

No he lives a 15 minute drive away from the looks of his campaign address!

What a twat eh!

molyholy Thu 17-Mar-16 11:57:03

It's cringey. Like 'Hey look, I'm a cool guy, I use mild swear words in my literature AND I like The Smiths, but yeah, Page Moss is a dump'

MushroomMama Thu 17-Mar-16 12:09:56

It just shows his immaturity doesn't it. Like look at me I escaped page moss I can make it slightly less crap for you!

Bearing in mind page moss is a tiny electoral ward and full of families. We are surrounded by brand new schools which are all good at ofsted and the crime rate is relatively low compared to its neighbouring wards.

Liverpool gets such a bad rep this doesn't help it at all! He's doing his community a disservice as far as I'm concerned!

CurlyBlueberry Thu 17-Mar-16 13:07:18

That's appalling. I mean, if you like living there, does he think you are "humdrum" too?!

MushroomMama Thu 17-Mar-16 13:15:48

More than likely curly

CurlyBlueberry Thu 17-Mar-16 13:21:52

It just makes him sound like a snobby git, doesn't it.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 17-Mar-16 14:53:52

It does indeed make him look like a snob.
There's one sure way to ensure you get no voters abd that is by making out you're a cut above your voters.

MinniedeMinx Thu 17-Mar-16 14:58:16

He has come to save you all. Be grateful. [sarcasm].

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Thu 17-Mar-16 17:51:44

Oh dear. I have a lot of time for the Green party but this is embarrassing. I bet Natalie wouldn't be amused either. Stupid git.

Collaborate Thu 17-Mar-16 18:19:47

I think you need to ask the long-suffering resident of Brighton what they think about the performance of their Green council.

Actually, I'll save you the bother. They were bloody awful.

SirChenjin Thu 17-Mar-16 18:22:55

You sure it's not from one his rivals?! It's a sure fire way of losing them votes

RortyCrankle Thu 17-Mar-16 19:40:37

I think the Green Party is left wing bonkers so not surprised.

MushroomMama Thu 17-Mar-16 20:54:22

I don't think it's any rivals I'm not sure they are allowed to do that?

But yes its utter snobby bollocks which won't appeal to anyone round here at all.

I'm still hmm about it and debating whether to contact the Green Party as its very offensive really. I don't know if that's over the top though!

Page moss has had its problems in the past but there's been some regeneration and investment in the area. It just shows you how poorly researched he is really!

SirChenjin Thu 17-Mar-16 22:25:14

No, I was being facetious - sorry, should have been clearer. I think you should contact the Greens - it's really not appropriate (even though they are completely mad)

MushroomMama Fri 18-Mar-16 08:10:03

Oh haha! That's me being thick too haha!
Yeah, I woke up feeling grumpy about it so il contact them today!

SirChenjin Fri 18-Mar-16 08:13:26

grin Quite right too. No politician should be saying that - or at least, not if they want your vote, it's so insulting sad

Ohwoolballs Fri 18-Mar-16 08:13:56

And that font
Seriously though, this is just insulting. He could have made a big point about increasing community spirit or activities, instead he blamed everyone who already lives there for being crap.

SimpleSimonThePieMan Fri 18-Mar-16 08:30:06

They're a bunch of tree hugging fuckwits, what do you expect?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now