Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to worry about the cannabis fumes coming from next door

(8 Posts)
lisa2104 Wed 16-Mar-16 15:30:06

For a while I have noticed our spare room smells of cannabis in the evenings. DH swore it wasn't him and I would have known anyway plus he doesn't smoke joints anymore. Anyway, there is an air vent in our wall that's adjacent to next door's house. Should I be concerned the fumes could have an effect on us and especially 3 year old dd? Why can't they smoke it indoors?

legotits Wed 16-Mar-16 15:35:25

Are you talking fumes from a grow house?
YANBU to worry about that, not the fumes exactly but the dodgy wiring that sometimes accompanies them.

If your neighbours have the occasional joint outside while you are inside then YABU.

lisa2104 Wed 16-Mar-16 15:38:18

I'm assuming it's just the odd joint. Well it seems to be most evenings and all afternoon on a Sunday. I'm not going to go round there and say anything. I've just started keeping the spare room door closed. I just wondered if can affect a person. Also if someone was sleeping in there?

lisa2104 Wed 16-Mar-16 15:39:21

That was meant to say why can't they smoke it outdoors. Sorry didn't realise the mistake on my original post!

legotits Wed 16-Mar-16 15:48:04

Ah smile don't worry if they are just having joints it's not nice and stinks but the fumes should be OK
If it smells strongly of weed but no smoke smell then I would worry about fires/damage or other drug dealers popping round associated with growing.

If I thought it was a grow house I'd report to environmental health.

legotits Wed 16-Mar-16 15:51:33

Environmental because of the smell (they will escalate if necessary )

Also yes they could just pop out and smoke, I don't understand why they would stink out the house hmm

amarmai Wed 16-Mar-16 17:50:13

do businesses and public buildings in the uk have a notice up re distance from the building for smokers ? I wd ask them to smoke further away from you home .

lisa2104 Sun 20-Mar-16 12:17:49

Sorry I don't really understand that comment. It is their house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now