Talk

Advanced search

to be laughing like a girt big laughy thing?

(12 Posts)
OurBlanche Tue 15-Mar-16 16:57:54

I live on a main street of a big village/small town, busy but not hideously so.

Cars park on one side of the road, neither side had double yellows but one side has car parking spaces behind, the other doesn't. Not residents only and currently not full either.

A man (white, middle aged, looks perfectly fit and able - for those of you who like detail) has just parked on the 'other side' of the road and walked way, thus blocking the main road, the only one the bus and delivery lorries can use.

Guess what am looking at? A bus, a tractor, a mini bus and lots of cars, beeping and trying to wiggle through the chicane of parked cars. We have moved ours, to give a bigger gap for people to drive through/round.

I am waiting now, for the driver to come back... bus has made it through, the tractor had to mount the pavement and scared a woman who wasn't looking and just sort of texted her way through the people who were stood waiting, watching... older gent in a HUGE car has just floated through, smiling and waving at his audience... ooh! traffic warden has been called, he arrived at a jog (he's a lovely bloke, just the right man for this place, uses his common sense)... taking pictures, looking round, talking on his radio, more pictures and yes we have a ticket!

10 minutes later... driver has come back. He doesn't look happy. Is having a bit of a shout at some onlookers who are just laughing at him. He is having a good arm wave and knows some really good swear words, still shouting. He has poked the ticket down the drain... no, not quite, someone has given it back to him... it's on the floor... he has got into his car, is beeping and still shouting and has driven off - to a rousing cheer and round of applause.

I suspect that is already live on fb... oh! yes, so it is. pictures and everything (not me guv, honest!) smile local newspaper next.

And to think I was beginning to wonder why we moved here, from our rented house in the middle of nowhere grin

It has all gone quiet now, and not even 5pm!

Spaghettio Tue 15-Mar-16 17:00:50

gringringrin

ChameleonCircuit Tue 15-Mar-16 17:06:03

We need the FB link! grin

coughingbean Tue 15-Mar-16 18:10:02

Brilliant!

BibbtyBobbityFeckOff Tue 15-Mar-16 18:36:37

Link! Link! Link!

grin

I read that like the commentators at the races. Very good op.

TheHobbitMum Tue 15-Mar-16 18:44:24

Fantastic! Glad he got a ticket :D

NeedACleverNN Tue 15-Mar-16 18:47:26

All that made me think of this video

m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7fWYxRq34g

grin

SunnyL Tue 15-Mar-16 18:48:01

Oh man I love it when idiots in my village park at the traffic island. DD and I positively loiter waiting for the next bus or lorry to come down the street and beeeeeeeeeeeep until the numpty returns from the shop for their all important loaf of bread.

ChemistryHunt Tue 15-Mar-16 18:56:18

Haha love it.

There is one bit on our road where although you can technically park (not yellowed lines etc) but if you do you make it nearly impossible for cars to get past. A couple of weeks ago there was a fire further down the road (it's a dead end, ours is a long cup de sac with two more cul de sacs a coming off it). The fire engine couldn't get past because a neighbour had parked there (which they used to do all of time despite many a polite and not so polite word being had by others).

No one could get an answer from their house so the firemen bumped the car up on the curb, got through dealt with the fire (no one hurt thankfully!).

The next morning the traffic warden arrived like he does most mornings and he got a ticket for having two wheels on the curb, which isn't allowed.

The neighbour has stopped parking there now.

OurBlanche Wed 16-Mar-16 07:59:44

Sorry, I posted and ran (literally, went out to do my couchto5K run).

The story flew through the town in trice. Some of the other runners knew the parker, they had very amusing stories of how his whole life is a story of The Man trying to get him. Basically he is a renowned twonk smile

And no, you ain't getting a link... this place is far too small, I value my safety grin

OurBlanche Sat 19-Mar-16 11:03:45

Small update: DH went to the pub last night and there was a local(ish) man in there moaning about having got a ticket where there weren't any yellow lines. He was 'fucking furious' with the 'jumped up parking twat' that had issued it.

DH and the landlord waited, until he had really wound himself into a self righteous tizzy and then the Landlord asked if he was the dickhead who had got a ticket not for parking on double yellows but for blocking the main street in and out of town?

DH added, "But you wouldn't know that as you left the ticket on the floor" Landlord finished with "Look, here it is... all over Facebook!! smile

BibbtyBobbityFeckOff Sun 20-Mar-16 14:54:30

link link link link link link link

:: stamps feet ::

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now