Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sea Shepherd tshirt?

(10 Posts)
Nataleejah Tue 15-Mar-16 12:56:42

Really? People coming to me and saying they are criminals...

MartinaJ Tue 15-Mar-16 12:58:26

Are they bigger criminals than those who haunt whales for the craic, pollute seas and destroy sea life with bottom trawling? Methinks not.

weeblueberry Tue 15-Mar-16 12:58:57

www.google.co.uk/search?q=sea+shepard&oq=sea+shepard&aqs=chrome..69i57.1806j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=sea+shepherd+arrested

Technically some are. wink

SoupDragon Tue 15-Mar-16 12:59:36

confused

Nataleejah Tue 15-Mar-16 13:17:43

Really? Denmark subsidising whale kill, and making Sea Shepherd criminals?

BadDoGooder Tue 15-Mar-16 13:24:33

Well, they are criminals in the sense that some have been arrested, but in some peoples eyes any environmental/animal rights activism is "criminal". hmm
The same people who support shooting at protestors ime.

Good on you wearing it op, I have been called a criminal (and worse) for wearing all sorts of political tshirts, including anti-hunting, and anti-racism ones.
Some people just need to get their opinions across to you, and I would welcome that if they, you know, tried to have an actual debate with me, but if the first thing that comes out of their mouth is an insult, then as far I am concerned they lost the right to an adult conversation!

Nataleejah Tue 15-Mar-16 13:32:04

Oh BadDoGooder, thanks for support. I guess that Sea Shepherd may offend somebody, just did not expect it down the street.

SimpleSimonThePieMan Tue 15-Mar-16 13:33:18

Some of the shit these fuckwits get up to borders on piracy. I'm surprised the Japanese whaling ships don't open fire on them, they'd certainly deserve it!

MartinaJ Tue 15-Mar-16 13:40:22

SimpleSimon are you serious? Without Sea Shepherd there'd be no voice raised to protect the sea life. Japanese whaling ships are killing whales for perverse fun, there's no genuine need to kill those creatures. Awful.

MartinaJ Tue 15-Mar-16 13:42:36

My husband did some of the sailing trips on tall ships - one of the highlights of a sailing trip was when they landed in Edinburgh and saw the Sea Shepherd docked beside them. They were given a tour of the ship. I have to admit, his street creed rose few notches after he told me blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now