Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want a simple knee length cotton dress which doesn't cost the earth

(9 Posts)
TheVeryHungryMummy Tue 15-Mar-16 11:52:14

I'm on the hunt for what I think should be easy to find but doesn't seem to exist. I want a cotton (or if not then viscose but definitely NOT polyester) knee length dress and don't want to spend hundreds.
I'm 5'6, have a new baby so have a tummy and am a size 14 ish. I'd say shift dress styles suit me more as they skim over my stomach and hips, but am willing to try other styles.
Does this exist?

TopHat33 Tue 15-Mar-16 12:16:19

Casual or smart? Something like this? www.whitestuff.com/mobile/womens/dresses/ebony-blue-ebony-dress/

TheVeryHungryMummy Tue 15-Mar-16 12:28:32

Thanks. I'm after something casual. I like the cut of that dress but not the pattern, and I'd prefer a bit longer - just on the knee preferably.

ghostyslovesheep Tue 15-Mar-16 12:31:05

I got a nice one in asda yesterday for £16 slightly above/just at the knee though

TheVeryHungryMummy Tue 15-Mar-16 12:32:31

Top Hat - I'd ruled out white stuff because normally I don't like the patterns but I've had a quick look and need a proper browse once DD is sleeping. Thanks!

FelicityGubbins Tue 15-Mar-16 12:42:20

Have you looked on bonprix? They have some lovely dresses at a reasonable price.

Witchend Tue 15-Mar-16 13:09:21

I sew my own!

SquinkiesRule Tue 15-Mar-16 13:14:03

I shop eBay. Get the nice stuff for less. No way could I afford white stuff and other nice clothes full price, especially as my weight has fluctuated a lot lately.

ghosty I got one in ASDA this morning too, £8 shock they had a few shift style, mine has a waist but nearly got a lovely Navy and white shift.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now