Talk

Advanced search

to break into neighbours house and turn the TV off!!!!!!

(12 Posts)
Madelinehatter Mon 14-Mar-16 08:37:39

Seriously, I won't do that but FFS! They have a TV on the party wall. It was bad enough but now it has been replaced with a bigger one. Our chimney breast acts a speaker for their shit taste in telly. The worse of it is.....they go off to work in the morning and leave it on! Too stupid or lazy to turn it off. I now have this to look forward to all day as not at work.

I live in fear of them going on holiday and leaving it on for 2 weeks.

I have already complained about them parking over our drive and then the loudness of the other wall telly keeping us awake in our bedroom at night. To be fair they turned this down. Now I will have to complain again! I am very nice about it but honestly, where is the common sense!

( Though this is the couple that mow the grass in the rain with an electric mower and leave washing on the line for a fortnight.....so why am I not suprised!)

feellikeahugefailure Mon 14-Mar-16 08:42:24

YANBU.

My neighbour feels the need to rev their shitty char thats been "souped" up at midnight. They come home and sit on the drive way and rev it for 5 mins before going inside.

Someone across the road who is lovley keep leaving her floodlight on overnight and its not angled down that well so shines into my bedroom window.

Another neighbour goes out to work and leaves a rabbit in a closed shed. When it gets a bit of sunshine it thumps all day poor think. RSPCA wont do anything, neither will council and he thinks the rabbit is his property to treat how he likes.

People are selfish.

CocktailQueen Mon 14-Mar-16 08:47:37

People leave their TV on all day? When they're not in the house? shock

YANBU.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 14-Mar-16 08:52:46

Do they have a pet?

Our cat stayed in a cattery where there was always a tv or radio on, so the cats could hear human voices all the time...

No excuse for it bein loud enough to hear next door!

Their leccy bill must be sky-high!

Dawndonnaagain Mon 14-Mar-16 08:55:20

Police advice used to be to leave on a television or a radio so that potential thieves would assume that somebody was home.

feellikeahugefailure Mon 14-Mar-16 08:56:37

Their leccy bill must be sky-high!

a 20 inch lcd tv uses about 25 watts an hour. So 8 hours is 0.2kwh = 2.4p on my tariff. So they use hardly any.

skankingpiglet Mon 14-Mar-16 09:22:42

Just to quell your worries on them going away for 2 weeks and leaving it on, most modern tellies turn themselves off if nobody has pushed a button in a few hours. Found this out after waking from a midday nap (after watching a couple of hours of TV) to find it was off. Freaked me out for a minute until I realised what had happened as I was home alone grin

notquitehuman Mon 14-Mar-16 09:27:05

Do you know what brand the TV is? You can download apps that control your telly. You might be able to switch it off if the signal will go through the wall.

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Mon 14-Mar-16 09:28:13

My tv turns itself off if you don't press any buttons for a while, shame theirs doesn't

Madelinehatter Mon 14-Mar-16 09:31:26

I am interested in these apps. Would they work through a wall?

BTW poor rabbit.sad Thank hod these 2 don't have pets. I can't imagine how they would treat them!

PamDooveOrangeJoof Mon 14-Mar-16 09:37:10

Could you get a universal controller and turn it off through the window?!

Or call the council and get them to come and listen to it. Make a noise diary Etc

notquitehuman Mon 14-Mar-16 16:35:47

I'm not sure if they'd work through a wall. It depends whether the signal would pass through it. I use an app called Sure Universal Remote on my Android phone. You have to set up the devices, so you might have to find out the TV manufacturer next time you're round. Or you could just play with it and see if it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now