To wish that if people don't like a thread topic, they should just move on to another?

(81 Posts)
PiperChapstick Sun 13-Mar-16 21:47:15

I'm sick of when people post about a particular issue on MN, loads of people post saying "boring!", "sick of seeing these threads", "this has been done to death OP" and "can we have a seperate topic so we can hide this?" hmm

FFS no one makes you read every thread, if you don't like it, move on! And it doesn't take a genius to work out that not every single MNer has read every thread that they have, and so for some it will be a new topic. Seriously, what's the point of making these 'contributions'?

Sorry, I'm very hungover moody today and need to vent. wine

gruffaloshmuffalo Sun 13-Mar-16 21:48:58

I agree with you, there isn't a need to comment or click on every thread. I think sometimes people forget that

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 21:50:43

I think people should be allowed to say whatever they want as long as it's within Talk Guidelines.

If they are sick of something why should they not be allowed to say so?

LineyReborn Sun 13-Mar-16 21:53:26

Competitive boredom is itself fairly boring, I tend to agree.

ctjoy103 Sun 13-Mar-16 21:53:38

Not every thread title gives the topic away. I see most are disguised till you get halfway into it and then realize what it's about,

LineyReborn Sun 13-Mar-16 21:55:07

Fisting for example. Who could have known?

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 21:55:32

It is like Groundhog Day sometimes on MN. It seems to have been very laundry question based lately. grin

PiperChapstick Sun 13-Mar-16 21:57:39

I just don't see the point sparkling or how comments saying they're sick of seeing these kinds of threads actually contributes to the discussion - it just clogs the thread up. I think that people should be able to say what they want (and wouldn't want any kind of censorship on MN), but it's not in the spirit of having a good discussion, it's just pointless and petty IMO.

FaithlessOne Sun 13-Mar-16 21:58:22

I rarely object to any threads. I just move on generally but some issues really need their own topic so I'm going to keep posting my opinion on that, because I can and because I want to.

Maryz Sun 13-Mar-16 21:58:25

Who are you, the thread police? I'm fed up of threads like this telling other people what they can and can't post. I'm so cross about it that I'm going to post on it so it keeps appearing in my TIO and I can carry on frothing about it.

grin

Is that the type of thing you mean? If so, YANBU - apart from sheet/towel washing threads. We've had enough of them. But anything else, yes, if you don't like it, hide it.

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 21:58:50

Eww well if you venture into the sex topic you gave to take your chances. grin

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 21:59:07

*have

PiperChapstick Sun 13-Mar-16 21:59:47

Yes Maryz grin
Although towels and laundry don't interest me so I don't post on those threads nothing to do with not wanting to be judged on how little I wash my sheets

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 22:01:23

It is annoying when you have every single topic you arent interested in hidden and yet theres still threads about that stuff clogging up your active list. sad

IdaJones Sun 13-Mar-16 22:01:43

Yanbu. If they meet a stranger who comments on how cold it is outside i wonder if they reply
"BORING!!!! Other people have already mentioned it's cold to me today. I don't want to hear ANOTHER person say it!"

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 22:03:43

I would love to be able to hide conversations in RL. grin

sugar21 Sun 13-Mar-16 22:04:03

Sometimes the thread title is in chat and doesnt relate to the content of said thread.

Maryz Sun 13-Mar-16 22:08:46

<cough, cough, Christmas, cough, cough>

grin

However, I presume this isn't about towels, but about trans issues. And I've recently been converted to the fact that we (as women) should all be yelling about this from the rooftoops, in every topic.

In fact, I might mosy over to the sex topic and post about it ... or maybe not, it's scary over there [bleurgh]

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 22:09:42

fsmile

Maryz Sun 13-Mar-16 22:10:50

shock

I've just inadvertently clicked on the Fisting thread [double bleurgh]

sugar21 Sun 13-Mar-16 22:12:59

shock

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 22:14:15

Well you only have yourself to blame if you go looking Maryz. I hope you posted 'not this again'. grin

Maryz Sun 13-Mar-16 22:16:22

I didn't mean to.

It was in fucking Trending, I didn't know what it was about [thick]

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Mar-16 22:17:08

They need to personalise Trending for a start. angry

PiperChapstick Sun 13-Mar-16 22:17:46

I would love to be able to hide conversations in RL. grin

I love this idea! I think a letter to MP is in order grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now