Talk

Advanced search

Younique AND forever living...one person

(19 Posts)
CaughtUpNearTimbuktu Sun 13-Mar-16 10:27:34

I thought everyone I knew had escaped and hadn't been touched by the mlm bug. But no. One person on my Facebook feed is doing two!

I'm reading their posts feeling sorry for them and wonder when they'll realise what a con it is :-(

CaughtUpNearTimbuktu Sun 13-Mar-16 10:28:08

And I also thought I'd posted this in chat. Sorry!

Lockheart Sun 13-Mar-16 10:34:29

I have one Arbonne and one Juice Plus. It's pretty shocking to be honest. My Arbonne friend keeps deleting her pseudo-scientific memes whenever I post actual scientific data to counter them, which is no fun. Still hasn't removed me though.

It is eye-opening how much these people get brainwashed. I'm not sure if they truly believe it or if they're happy to lie in order to get a tacky Mercedes. And what is with all the really low-quality pictures they post? Sometimes the jpg compression is so bad I can barely read the inspirational message about aloe for all the pixellation!

VertigoNun Sun 13-Mar-16 10:36:44

sad It's sad to watch.

Keep posting your scientific data, lock.

Oysterbabe Sun 13-Mar-16 11:09:21

A friend of mine has posted some vague status' about an exciting new business venture she'll be revealing details of shortly. I wait with baited breath hmm

Littleallovertheshop Sun 13-Mar-16 16:51:51

My bot has deleted me, v disappointing

Netflixandchill Sun 13-Mar-16 16:54:24

I had FL, juice plus and A Fledgling Herbalife flogger.

Sadly yet to come across anyone selling parslaii sad

scarlets Sun 13-Mar-16 17:37:53

An old schoolfriend got sucked into FL. She's quite vulnerable - very bright, but went through a dreadful breakup and raises her kids alone, miles away from her parents. I can see why she was targeted.
However, disappointingly, having not contacted me for several years, she recently sent a message starting, "hi Scarlett! Remember Friday night netball at school? Fun days! Anyway, I was wondering if you'd be interested in...."
!!!!

Cutecat78 Sun 13-Mar-16 17:41:37

I have hidden the person doing Yonnique but seem to now have two Evangelical Slimming World reps too.

I not keen on anyone trying to sell stuff in FB tbh - it's not the forum.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 13-Mar-16 17:51:27

I have one who has gone through Yonique (sp), Epicurious, Candle shite (PartyLite), and cake making (shittily). Oh and some thing with making picture books.

She divorced my DH's best friend so I no longer have to buy things from her. She thought she was having home businesses, she was actually just begging from her friends.

DoctorTwo Sun 13-Mar-16 18:12:15

I feel slightly sorry for anybody who gets sucked into these Ponzi schemes, they're the ones who pay out loads and get nothing back despite the hard work they put in. This sort of business model should be illegal, but as it's current economic orthodoxy I'm not holding my breath.

MyBreadIsEggy Sun 13-Mar-16 18:17:11

I have 3 Facebook friends trying to force Younique on me angry cheeky fucks keep re-adding me to their sales groups after I repeatedly remove myself from them. All three of them keep private messaging me pedalling their wares even though I say "no taa, not interested" every time!!!
When will it end???!!!!!!

JessTitchener Sun 13-Mar-16 18:18:33

If she's doing two does that mean she'll be a double gazillionaire by the end of the year?

Intrusivethoughts78 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:27:29

An old school friend seems to change from one company to another every few weeks, each one being the best thing she has ever done blah blah... Waiting to see what crap she is selling next!

scarlets Sun 13-Mar-16 18:32:40

I've no problem with the woman who is an Avon rep - she just posts "new book - have a look and message me if you want anything" every so often. I'm happy to buy a few cheap items from her. It's the "be a millionaire, just sell this overpriced tat" nonsense that bugs me.

SantanaBinLorry Sun 13-Mar-16 18:34:53

Whats the deal with Neals Yard? I have friend signed up as a consultant, Id love to support her if its legit, and advise if its dodgy.

Botanicbaby Sun 13-Mar-16 18:36:12

a lovely friend of mine has recently started selling younique, I thought it was just like an american version of Avon and prohibitively expensive! she asked me to share her page. Are the products just crap then?

weirdly I then got a message on FB saying that X has accepted my friend request (X is a friend of my friend, I have never met her nor sent her a friend request yet I notice she is one of the mail younique posting culprits who has filled up my timeline with sales bollocks!)

Botanicbaby Sun 13-Mar-16 18:37:03

main not mail

jimpam Sun 13-Mar-16 18:46:01

A girl I worked with 7 years ago started doing Forever Living. A couple of days after announcing her "exciting new business venture" she sent me a message "Hi how's you, long time no speak! Anyway I have started this new job & you came to mind straight away, you'd be perfect honey!" etc etc. Which was brilliant because I haven't spoken to her once in the 7 years since I was fired from the job I did with her because I was so crap at sales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now