Talk

Advanced search

to buy myself my own Lego?

(95 Posts)
KayKayKK Sat 12-Mar-16 22:13:49

May sound a bit silly, but would it be unreasonable to buy myself a really complicated Lego to do? And nope, my kids can't use it!

VimFuego101 Sat 12-Mar-16 22:15:19

Of course YANBU. Build away smile

TapDancingPimp Sat 12-Mar-16 22:16:39

YANBU - it doesn't get much more therapeutic than a good old Lego session smile

gingerdad Sat 12-Mar-16 22:17:50

YANBU.

MintyBojingles Sat 12-Mar-16 22:17:57

YANBU. If I had the money and didn't have a toddler who eat it, I'd do the same.

HerRoyalNotness Sat 12-Mar-16 22:18:32

Not at all! We have quite a few sets that are ours, as adults. The DC have plenty of their own that I have to build for them I have a dr who and wall e stashed in the cupboard, which are mine, alllllll mine

SweetAdeline Sat 12-Mar-16 22:19:14

I'd recommend the vw camper van for complexity.

FithColumnist Sat 12-Mar-16 22:20:22

YABVU to even consider not to.

TattyDevine Sat 12-Mar-16 22:20:51

Get some superglue too, you can be like the control freak dad in the lego movie!

Do it you know you wanna

KayKayKK Sat 12-Mar-16 22:22:36

Ooo, never knew they came in 16+!

My DS won't be happy, I refuse to get him any more until he at least attempts some of his!

AKissACuddleAndACheekyFinger Sat 12-Mar-16 22:26:59

Oooh yes! I've done the camper van and the Mini. I'm eying up the architecture range now (eye watering my expensive though....) xx

KayKayKK Sat 12-Mar-16 22:32:43

I'm eyeing up Tower Bridge, but I think it would upset my bank.

dynevoran Sat 12-Mar-16 22:44:46

Not so all unreasonable. I bought myself the Simpson's kwik-e-mart just after Christmas and loved building so much. the detail on it is amazing.

Abbygolightly Sat 12-Mar-16 22:48:39

I just finished the Sidney Opera House. It had 4 books of instructions! ~5000 pieces.

dynevoran Sat 12-Mar-16 22:49:09

For my birthday I'm planning to get myself the Simpson's house.

HerRoyalNotness Sat 12-Mar-16 22:51:47

I bought DH the Simpsons house, have yet to add the kwik e mart. He also has the Maersk train. I have the camper and a spare and would love the mini.

missybct Sat 12-Mar-16 22:51:48

Me and DP have a display cabinet full. Between his loot, mine and DSS ( this includes both gifts and self bought) we are talking around £1500 worth blush

I loved it as a kid, love it as an adult. DP and DSS thankfully are the same grin

EssentialHummus Sat 12-Mar-16 22:53:20

Here is my camper van. On the roof are minifigures DP chose "to represent us". I have a pitchfork, he has a baguette grin

KayKayKK Sat 12-Mar-16 22:54:24

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I have a London themed room and this would look fab on the dresser grin

It's so petty! But is it pretty enough for £200?

Floralnomad Sat 12-Mar-16 22:55:18

I'm in the middle of doing the camper van at the moment and then I'm moving onto Tower bridge ( DS bought it for me for Christmas) , it's going in the conservatory where we keep the Eiffel Tower ( discontinued )

KayKayKK Sat 12-Mar-16 23:01:32

Oh my gosh, it's huge! I image the tower to be the same? Maybe I'll start with something smaller grin

HerRoyalNotness Sat 12-Mar-16 23:01:38

That Eiffel Tower is huge!! Love the London Bridge but so pricey. Sadly unemployed and can not be frivolous, although I might have ordered a corner deli to add to the city corner for the train set. DS2 wants the train to go around the Xmas tree Next year, however I have the hog warts train in the cupboard that we can use. Just need some more track

I did also buy the Ferris wheel a few months back and a motor, yet to be built

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sat 12-Mar-16 23:04:06

Ds got me the big fire engine for my birthday a couple of years ago. He offered to help me build it. No thanks, I can do it...

I also have a few smaller ones.

My dad has the camper van. He did need ds to finish the roof!

I have a Lego ds. From minifigs, last Xmas.

YANBU.

TrappedInAWitchesCurse Sat 12-Mar-16 23:05:40

YANBU. Buy it! I have several Lego houses and a couple of the winter village sets. I would love to get the ferris wheel, but I think my next purchase will be slightly more restrained. Lego is ace!

ijustwannadance Sat 12-Mar-16 23:12:17

Was my birthday last week. DP bought me the lego scooby doo haunted mansion grin

I highly recommend the lego Walle set. Nice size and looks amazing on display.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now