To be claiming both lie ins?

(12 Posts)
PlaymobilPirate Sat 12-Mar-16 09:25:37

Disclaimer - I know that some people never get a lie in and that I'm very lucky!

Dp and I share lie ins - he always has one on Saturday, I always have Sunday. Tonight ds is staying with my dm and we're going away for the night for my birthday so tomorrow we both get a lie in! It also means that dp 'should' have had two!

However when ds woke up at 6am I pretended to still be asleep then pulled the birthday card when it was clear that he was expecting me to budge. He got up but but moaned all the way to the bathroom. .. I'm just about to go downstairs!

So - wibu to steal his lie in??

Lalaloopsyscaresme Sat 12-Mar-16 09:26:43

Nope, yanbu I would do the same!

topcat2014 Sat 12-Mar-16 09:32:22

DD is a few years beyond all that now. My favourite bit of the week is when I actually come down on my own at 6 for a couple of hours before everyone else is up.

Conversely, I am in bed before Newsnight though

RubbleBubble00 Sat 12-Mar-16 09:33:27

we try to have same lie in pattern, but kids birthdays we both get up.

WitteryTwittery Sat 12-Mar-16 09:37:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NarcyCow Sat 12-Mar-16 09:37:54

If there's an extra lie-in to be had and it's your birthday weekend, you get it. Them's the rules!

Oysterbabe Sat 12-Mar-16 09:38:55

I'm supposed to be lying in but I can hear the baby crying so I'm just lying here wondering if I should get up as maybe I'll be able to settle her if DH is struggling. I'm going to get up.

SymbollocksInteractionism Sat 12-Mar-16 09:41:58

Nope YADNBU it's your birthday and therefore your lie in!!

Ughnotagain Sat 12-Mar-16 09:45:47

Oh I would totally have done the same.

But then I get no lie ins because DH works Saturdays and on Sundays if he tries to take DD downstairs she will cry for me sad not that he tries very often

LovelyBranches Sat 12-Mar-16 09:50:50

YANBU.

Although I am feeling slightly bitter. Today is my lie in day and my NDN have decided to remove their bathroom tiles, starting at 8:00!

MLGs Sat 12-Mar-16 10:10:27

Yanbu because it is your birthday.

PlaymobilPirate Sat 12-Mar-16 13:37:02

Thanks :-) all feelings of guilt have disappeared as it's become clear that he's left my card at home and hasn't bought me a present. That'll be me claim next week's lie ins too then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now