Talk

Advanced search

To think I must be super ugly if I can't get a tinder date

(9 Posts)
kdilkington Sat 12-Mar-16 06:31:39

Been on tinder for over two months and if I suggest meeting up they unmatch me sad what am I doing wrongblush

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Sat 12-Mar-16 06:34:15

It can't be your looks or they wouldn't have matched you and been chatting to you in the first place
Do you just suggest meeting right away or chat first?
Stupidly, men on tinder hardly ever respond to an opening message from a woman. I wait for matches to message me then respond if I want to.
You need to go on there a lot and get a load of matches to sift through, it can take ages to get an actual date but it is possible.

curren Sat 12-Mar-16 06:43:31

Everyone I know who is on tinder is actually in a relationship. Mostly their partners know and have it themselves. This is through work not my friends.

They like the ego boost of someone's approval and like to have a nosey. But wouldn't meet up with anyone. They use it more like something to do rather than looking for dates.

Is there a chance that, that's the issue. People looking for an ego boost but not to meet up.

You wouldn't get any matches at all if it was your looks.

WeeHelena Sat 12-Mar-16 07:24:55

It's not you, I was on tinder for months and didn't get more than 3 dates over 6 months and the rest 2 were either a casual meet up or chat slowed down to a stop.

If the matched you then they either liked your opening decription, your looks or both.
They might just be up for chat but I do generally go with not asking them if they want to meet first, Tinder isn't for the faint hearted.

Tinder is a lot of effort and time consuming so I packed it in.
Have you seen the Dating thread think it's on 99 now.

HippyPottyMouth Sat 12-Mar-16 07:36:41

I don't know about Tinder, but I never got a single date out of 4 other dating sites. The benefit was that it helped me work out what I was looking for in a man, so when I met one in real life I had a checklist to work through.

ChubbyPolecat Sat 12-Mar-16 07:44:18

Tinder is crap, I get a lot of matches but never get messaged first and when they respond to me they're all pretty boring. I'm assuming they're on there for an ego boost

Mousefinkle Sat 12-Mar-16 07:47:08

It's definitely used mostly for an ego boost and validation. Tis true a lot of them are in relationships or they're not really interested in meeting, it's literally to see how many people fancy them. I was on there for a few months and I only went on two dates. They were horrible dates as well. I think tinders pretty sleazy TBH. There are a few people that meet actual partners on there but the majority just want casual sex.

ChubbyPolecat Sat 12-Mar-16 08:28:54

I wouldn't mind a bit of casual sex but a lot of them are really boring. I did have a date with a guy who was really funny and interesting over text but it didn't match up to his real life personality

jlivingstone Sat 12-Mar-16 09:22:13

This thread is useless without pictures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now