Talk

Advanced search

to think it ridiculous when I feel glad its the weekend so I can catch up with weeks work before monday

(4 Posts)
TickledPurple Fri 11-Mar-16 19:13:05

Just feels like my life at moment, I do love my job but it is the sort of job where you cannot leave things not done as people will be let down and it will affect them lots. My weekends have become the time when I actually just catch up on the bits I've not done in week, but loke so many others our sector has suffered in recession and this is hung over my head like a threat, ie plenty of others will step into my shoes. I have a senior position and dh and I rely on the income but I hate the constant tightening of screws to get more out of us for less money. And yes I work in public sector genuinely trying to help people! Sorry just a fed up of clocking 50 hours plus a week post and that being a norm now... aibu.... surely I am not the only one???

JaceLancs Fri 11-Mar-16 19:30:35

I work in voluntary sector and am very conscious that the people who depend on our services often have no alternative if we can't provide support
I am owed many days of extra hours worked and that doesn't count for odd bits here and there which I always ignore such as checking my emails on a Sunday night so I have a good start for the week
Every now and then I book a day or two in lieu time then someone begs for help and yet again I rearrange my time off
The only time I truly switch off is if going on holiday out of the country and even then it's on my mind until I'm in the departure lounge
I wish I had an answer even when I'm not consciously thinking about work I will wake during the night and my first thought is usually work and some vulnerable person..........

starsinyourpies Fri 11-Mar-16 19:32:22

YANBU this is me, working on Friday night, I don't even work Fridays!

annandale Fri 11-Mar-16 19:35:35

A friend and I agreed it is pretty sad that if our DHs are ever away (rare in my case) we think 'thank goodness, I can stay late at work'. Sad life and not how things should be. I have to say my work are good and don't force me to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now