Talk

Advanced search

Any other radio 6 listeners loathe radcliffe and marconi??

(53 Posts)
Theladyloriana Fri 11-Mar-16 13:11:10

Irritating. Incomprehensible banter. No mention of international women's day on Tues, which gave me the rage for some reason. Talks on and on. Middle aged blokey twaddle. Love all other shows on 6 and I am nearly always at home for this one

I'm hoping for a groundswell revolt as a result of this thread. Any chance??

Spudlet Fri 11-Mar-16 13:12:43

They're not my favourites, I must say. Too much talking, not enough music.

Capricorn76 Fri 11-Mar-16 13:16:04

I absolutely love them! They often make me laugh at work.

ARichVernacular Fri 11-Mar-16 13:16:54

They're shite. I also hate Shaun Keaveny and Steve Lamaq. Boring, boring, boring in music and words.

I don't mind Stuart Maconie on his own - Freak Zone is good. Mark Radcliffe has killed the R2 folk show for me though.

Theladyloriana Fri 11-Mar-16 13:18:37

I do love Sean keaveny I must say... but this guy! Don't even know if they are both on or just one- gabbling about shite being vaguely snidey. Get off the air waves!!

molyholy Fri 11-Mar-16 13:18:59

I used to listen to 6 music, but all the dj's started getting on my nerves so I swapped to absolute 80's. Ken Bruce until after popmaster, then 80s all the way. After that muppet Christian O'Connell has shut his inane trap, there is barely any dj talk and lots of lovely music.

Meandyouandyouandme Fri 11-Mar-16 13:21:10

I also hate Shaun and Steve, very boring, but love Radcliffe and Maconie, they make me giggle. Though I am middle aged, I am not a bloke, but am northern if that makes any difference. Love Lauren as well.

aginghippy Fri 11-Mar-16 13:21:36

Middle aged blokey twaddle - exactly.

I am always wishing they would stop talking and just play more music.

Capricorn76 Fri 11-Mar-16 13:22:31

I love Sean keaveny too. Brightens up my morning and has good musical taste. Not too keen on Steve Lamac although he can play some good tunes. Jarvis Cocker does my head in with his pretentiousness though.

ARichVernacular Fri 11-Mar-16 13:30:01

Haha, I love the Sunday Service grin

Also love Lauren and Cerys. Huey plays some good stuff. Iggy Pop's shows were great.

Otherwise they should let Tom Ravenscroft, Katie Puckrick and Chris Hawkins stand in for everyone else permanently. I always cheer when I hear KP on a Saturday morning instead of Mary Anne 'breathy enthusiasm' Hobbs.

CreamCrackerundertheSettee Fri 11-Mar-16 13:33:11

They are both fine on their own but together they seem to try and outdo each other.

I love Shaun, he is very funny!

I like the music that Mary Ann Hobbs plays but she is the most ridiculously pretentious, obsequious interviewer.

Spudlet Fri 11-Mar-16 13:34:57

I like Shaun! And love Lauren. I also like the Craig Charles show. Used to get DS kicking about before he was born smile

Capricorn76 Fri 11-Mar-16 13:36:05

Mary Anne Hobbs has grown on me. Her breathy voice and overuse of the word 'delighted' used to wind me up but she plays some good music and clearly has a lot of musical knowledge.

I used to really like Hueys show but it's become a bit repetitive of late. Start with a hard rock song, follow with some old school rap etc etc.

Tom Tobinson is great.

CreamCrackerundertheSettee Fri 11-Mar-16 13:37:07

There was a trailer for Mary Ann Hobbs a while ago where she was talking about coming from Garstag which 'is a tiny little village'. No it bloody isn't, it is a town. It is the world's first fairtrade town (one for be fact fans!). I'm not from Garstang and I don't know why it riled me so much!!

Scholes34 Fri 11-Mar-16 13:42:31

I like them. I loved them on Radio 2 in the evenings, so miss being able to hear them then. But then, I also love Liza Tarbuck on a Saturday evening. She's simply bonkers and plays great music. The DC refer to her as "the mad woman".

Vinorosso74 Fri 11-Mar-16 17:13:25

I'm indifferent to them but they can go on a bit. Love Shaun Keaveny in the morning, I used to enjoy listening to Chris Hawkins when I was up at silly o'clock for work.
Enjoy most of the shows on 6music but am not a fan of MaryAnn Hobbs- find her over the top fake.

Inertia Fri 11-Mar-16 17:25:42

I love them!

LordTrash Fri 11-Mar-16 17:26:27

I like them but I just can't BEAR Shaun Keaveney.

lionheart70 Fri 11-Mar-16 17:36:36

I love them. I think they're funny but also genuinely knowledgeable and passionate about music. Loved hearing Radcliffe interviewing Lou Rhodes from Lamb yesterday.

WowOoo Fri 11-Mar-16 18:00:30

I never get a chance to listen to them, they're all right. They've had me chuckling away when I was off work. I like the way they ramble on, they're a good team.

I listen to Sunday Service on catch up. It's a perfect match with ironing and laundry service.

SeparatedByMotorways Fri 11-Mar-16 18:31:18

I've always felt like their show is comparable to sitting just slightly too close to the tedious smug blokes on the next table at the pub if that makes sense? The sort of chat you'd overhear rather than set out to listen to.

EachandEveryone Fri 11-Mar-16 18:37:15

I loved them as a student and love them just as much now. I'd quite like to be married to one of them. They were great the day David Bowie died. They are stuck in a time wrap but it's my time warp as well.

Speaking of, how much say do they have in what they play on 6 Music as I know on radio 1 and 2 they have none what's so ever.

ProfGrammaticus Fri 11-Mar-16 18:38:26

I like them, middle aged and northern as they are.

hellsbells76 Fri 11-Mar-16 18:41:29

I can't fucking bear Mary Anne Hobbes. Her voice is like nails down a blackboard to me and I've never forgiven her for describing Gary Numan as 'suffering from Asperger's when he was young'. Oh he GOT BETTER did he? And I've checked with my adorable Aspie teen who doesn't feel remotely like he's suffering from anything thanks very much. Gnnnn.

redexpat Fri 11-Mar-16 18:43:01

I miss Mark and Lars and the cheesily cheerful chart Challenge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now