Talk

Advanced search

To complain about the moving adverts on the sides of MN?

(9 Posts)
nearlyhadenough Thu 10-Mar-16 14:25:50

Every so often MN has moving adverts on the sides of the pages, there are some now.

I have migraines that are brought on by visual disturbances - and these adverts cause me to have migraines....

It means I can't read the pages that I want to as I have to click off them as quickly as possible.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Farandole Thu 10-Mar-16 14:40:27

YANBU. Sometimes I get some really awful ones, like teeth whitening ones. They're horrid! (My teeth look great btw grin)

specialsubject Thu 10-Mar-16 16:20:08

if you are on a tablet or phone you are probably stuffed, the adblockers on those never seem to work. Adblockers on computers work quite well.

is there still an option to turn off graphics? That might also work.

CharleyDavidson Thu 10-Mar-16 16:22:26

The ones that open up to cover your page if you accidentally hover your mouse over them are the ones that really irritate me. And the ones with audio that make me jump when they start playing.

LineyReborn Thu 10-Mar-16 16:23:08

They're horrific, aren't they?

feellikeahugefailure Thu 10-Mar-16 16:26:06

they all move!

CosyNook Thu 10-Mar-16 17:16:05

I agree - really, really annoying

FruStefanOla Thu 10-Mar-16 17:29:33

I guess you could complain directly to MNHQ if you re-posted this in Site Stuff www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff

MNHQ won't see your complaint here in AIBU, but they'll see it over there!

Marmitelover55 Thu 10-Mar-16 17:32:55

I'm on an iPhone and installed an ad blocker the other day after reading about it on here and I now have no adverts - yippee smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now