Talk

Advanced search

To think this woman should get a life?

(69 Posts)
EdithBouvierBeale Mon 07-Mar-16 21:46:03

Just got a text from Dd's friend's mum. Apparently dd has been pulling "really nasty faces" at her dd and failed to say goodbye at school today. She has asked me to speak to my dd (they are 5 ffs)
My dd says everyone was just sticking out their tongues in the playground. I said she had to apologise because what else could I do?! I lost my job last week so I really think she should get things in perspective. Grrrrr.

PeppasNanna Mon 07-Mar-16 21:48:15

I would text back, ' PMSL! Ur so funny!! 😂😂'

She clearly needs to get a life... YANBU.

waffilyversati1e Mon 07-Mar-16 21:49:41

Wow. Steer clear!

Dollymixtureyumyum Mon 07-Mar-16 21:50:31

Wow some people really need to get some perspective don't they. If she thinks that is worth a text then God knows what she would do if her little darling ever got smacked by someone

bornwithaplasticspoon Mon 07-Mar-16 21:50:47

She's a fruit loop. Ignore ignore ignore.

elQuintoConyo Mon 07-Mar-16 21:51:49

Hahaha! Thanks for the laff grin

SnobblyBobbly Mon 07-Mar-16 21:52:35

Edith, you have my sympathies, I'm having the shittiest time atm with a parent and my 5yo DS over a trivial thing like this. I honest to god do not understand some parents.

This woman must have never had a real problem in her life!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 07-Mar-16 22:02:10

Before we all start calling her fruit loop ect. Let's see it from her side. Her DD comes out of school upset, of course her back's going to get up. It's her baby, someone pulling a face and me as a 40 year old. I'd just think they were on glue, but to child that's a big deal. I suppose the poor mite is lying in bed worrying will little Edith and my other friend play with me tomorrow. All very well people laughing on her, but would it be so funny, if it were your children upset.
No I don't think it would

PegsPigs Mon 07-Mar-16 22:02:35

YANBU. If she's bothering with petty things like this with a 5 year old God help her when there's really shit to deal with!

orchidnap Mon 07-Mar-16 22:05:25

Text back the :P enoji

SnobblyBobbly Mon 07-Mar-16 22:09:31

The problem though is that the mother making a big deal out of it, makes the kid think it's a really terrible thing, and so will be the next triviality, and the next, and the next. The kid ends up permanently feeling slighted and unhappy and everyone around them is scared to put a foot wrong - it just helps no one.

Of course we want to comfort and reassure our children, but whatever happened to just learning from something and moving on, rather than feeling victimised?

PeppasNanna Mon 07-Mar-16 22:13:51

Absolutely Snobbly!

iklboo Mon 07-Mar-16 22:16:44

Text her a random postcode & tell her it's the address of the nearest grip shop.

Lurkedforever1 Mon 07-Mar-16 22:23:24

Text back 'Unfortunately following legal advice dd has been told not to discuss this incident, so I'm afraid that I am unable to comment. Please address any further correspondence on this matter to our solicitor, QC getalife@gripsville.com'

Perhaps that will be considered taking her concerns seriously. Fruit loop.

BeetlebumShesAGun Mon 07-Mar-16 22:25:07

orchidnap beat me to it! Was going to say just reply like this 😝.

I am a child, clearly

kiwimumof2boys Mon 07-Mar-16 22:26:01

Good thing her DD isn't friends with any of my DC they always pull faces at each other, and laugh, and yesterday my DS didn't say goodbye to any of his friends!
I can't imagine any of their mums texting me about that -if so I would think they're on glue!

acasualobserver Mon 07-Mar-16 22:28:54

Suggest to the mother that her daughter learns to pull an even nastier faces in response. The two five year olds can then slog it out until they get bored.

longdiling Mon 07-Mar-16 22:30:01

I think I would have replied 'dd has given a different version of events. I think it's best you speak to the school about any concerns you have as they are better Placed to see what's going on objectively ' and then refuse to engage. Speak to the school yourself if she continues to bug you.

TheChimpParadox Mon 07-Mar-16 22:30:14

Tell her that as it happened in school she should speak with the teacher. Teacher will then think too she is a fruit

TheChimpParadox Mon 07-Mar-16 22:30:31

Fruit loop ! grin

sleeponeday Mon 07-Mar-16 22:37:10

Ghost, part of being a parent is teaching your kids to keep stuff in perspective. This is difficult when a parent lacks the capacity themselves.

They are five. It's one day. Why create drama when life has enough to give away for free, you know?

WonderingAspie Mon 07-Mar-16 22:43:45

We have an Unhinged mum at school. She does shit like this to a friend of mine, I've seen the texts. They are essays and about utter inane crap that has happened at school. The school is involved because the mum cries to the class teacher, the head has had to get involved. The teacher is utterly fed up and just refers the matter to the head. Apparently it isn't the first time this has happened. Sadly DD is friends with Unhinged's DD but they won't be having a friendship outside of school because there is no way she is getting my phone number! She gets very uppity if you don't reply to her messages and will confront you about it!

mactavish Mon 07-Mar-16 22:50:47

Every class has children who struggle socially in it. My DS has Aspergers and it is heartbreaking to see him awkwardly interact socially with the other children whom it comes so naturally to.
Perhaps this girl also suffers similarly and is beginning to become isolated.
Perhaps the other mum wrote a very thoughtful, gentle message which was difficult for her to summon up the courage to send?
I'm sorry for your stress about losing your job and hope you get another one soon.

StrictlyMumDancing Mon 07-Mar-16 22:55:16

Orchid and beetle beat me to it too! Clearly we are all massive kids grin

sleeponeday Mon 07-Mar-16 22:58:55

Mactavish, so does mine. He's suffered far worse than this (really nasty, vindictive bullying) and it is indeed heartbreaking. But this is an object lesson on how not to deal with it. You can't help your kid if you behave as this mother has chosen to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now