Breakups and Lies on FB

(18 Posts)
JustForThisPostxThisTime Sun 06-Mar-16 11:25:59

I'm watching an Ex of a friend on Facebook, and I cannot get over the LIES he is spouting, like he believes them...

Without being too identifying, they are going on about being cheated on (which the other party did not), after not being able to work due to health problems (including housework) , now suddenly has a job, most important thing in their life (as NRP) is his DC, so moving to the other end of the country to where they live will help that then?

Its just all the lies that get me - i just want to scream at him, you were so there for her weren't you, when you were leaving bruises on her skin and on her soul?!?! You nearly broke her completely, you lied about her, and her friends - I wish I could tell all his friends what a cunt he is, and then they would stop with the 'omg, you poor thing' shit they are posting on his comments of woe

Bogeyface Mon 07-Mar-16 03:34:42

So why dont you?

If you can post on his FB then I think you should. Middle of the afternoon when they are less likely to check it and let rip.

Bogeyface Mon 07-Mar-16 03:35:41

That said, if he is violent then thats not a great idea. But I totally understand your frustration if you cant post in order to keep her safe.

APlaceOnTheCouch Mon 07-Mar-16 03:38:19

I agree with Bogey. You've got nothing to lose by calling him out. And if you feel you can't do that then block him. Getting all indignant but not challenging it, isn't going to help your friend or you.

araiba Mon 07-Mar-16 04:03:31

step away from the internet

Sprink Mon 07-Mar-16 04:14:54

He does believe the lies. He's convinced himself, and others around him.

He's created his own narrative and now has "witnesses." Proper ones, on Facebook.

This is what people do.

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Mon 07-Mar-16 04:15:22

I've got someone on fb like this. It's all woe is me I'm not allowed to see my kids. She is wicked. Neglecting to say about the abuse he doled out which is exactly why you aren't allowed to see the kids- determined by the COURT who hardly ever rule that unless they see a risk to those children. Sadly all his sycophants and hangers on believe him and are too thick to question that

SoThatHappened Mon 07-Mar-16 04:48:39

Post whatever you want on facebook, comment, call him a piece of shit. Post the comment and then block him.

The beauty of that is, if you block him after posting, he wont see the comment and everyone else will.

LeaveMyWingsBehindMe Mon 07-Mar-16 04:57:58

It's best to avoid people who mouth off about their relationship woes on fb and his friends probably won't believe you anyway but under the circumstances why don't you just PM him and say please stop with the over sharing and the deluded narrative on fb otherwise you'll be tempted to tell people what really happened. Or just say it outright on the thread.

You hit her. You abused her. That is why she isn't with you now. Grow up and move on. She has.

He'll delete it of course and block you but hopefully enough people will see it first. I don't usually advocated that sort of thing but he sounds like he has it coming.

LeaveMyWingsBehindMe Mon 07-Mar-16 04:58:47

SoThatHappened that is genius.

SoThatHappened Mon 07-Mar-16 04:59:26

I've done it before. Fucking ace!

greypinkandpurple Mon 07-Mar-16 05:28:36

..like he believes them. .
It's one of the most damaging tactics they would use to "finish someone off "
You can not really stop the person from doing it

ClopySow Mon 07-Mar-16 07:22:58

I'd be inclined to post "lol"

And i never lol. It gives it the lack of seriousness it deserves.

londonrach Mon 07-Mar-16 07:27:10

Be classy. Just defriend and ignore. i wouldnt waste your time replying. His lies will come out some time. Well done for getting away from him op. flowers

DawnOfTheDoggers Mon 07-Mar-16 07:32:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Mon 07-Mar-16 07:35:23

Post - at least his ex partner will see that someone is calling him out on his bullshit.

FigMango1 Mon 07-Mar-16 07:35:46

agree with london
Stay classy.

Don't get into fb dirty slinging matches. His ex can confront this if she wants. Don't you think it will come across as getting an outsider to fight her battles, therefore he has more 'proof' of what she's like to everyone else. You could make it worse, just stay out of it.

PerryHatter Mon 07-Mar-16 07:37:13

I wouldn't post anything that he could use against your friend, especially if he has previously been physically violent. Just ignore. He believes it. He probably believes he was the perfect partner, he will think she deserved a beating for the cheating that his mind concocted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now