Talk

Advanced search

To call DC as it's Mother's Day?

(12 Posts)
lo0ol Sun 06-Mar-16 09:55:24

Young DC are with ex DH this weekend.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself, is it ur to call them for Mother's Day?

AddictedtoGreys Sun 06-Mar-16 10:06:22

I would. thanks

Katenka Sun 06-Mar-16 10:08:15

Depends. I would say it's ok.

Unless you both have rule about not contacting each other when you have the kids.

It's it fairly amicable between you?

waffilyversati1e Sun 06-Mar-16 10:08:40

I don't know. Couldn't you have your mother's day next weekend xx

CakeNinja Sun 06-Mar-16 10:09:27

Happy Mother's Day OP cake stdavids

Are they old enough to know about Mother's Day?

Fourormore Sun 06-Mar-16 10:10:08

I wouldn't if it's because you're feeling sorry for yourself.

In future years I would clarify ahead of time whether they will be able to come home early because its Mother's Day and in exchange you'll agree to father having extra time on Father's Day.

Pantone363 Sun 06-Mar-16 10:13:27

My DC are with ex and they called me.

To tell me about the lovely breakfast they are having and the presents they gave exs girlfriend. Who does exactly zero mothering.

DD did text happy Mother's Day afterwards hmm

Call them if you want OP!

CosyNook Sun 06-Mar-16 10:14:57

When are you planning to call?

Now? yes URBU. They are with their dad - its his time and anyway they may call YOU anyway

Later today and you've not heard from them? Call, but expect to be disappointed.

Next year plan to keep them on Mothers Day if it's important to you, and avoid this situation.

lo0ol Sun 06-Mar-16 10:18:33

DH has them every Sunday so it's not really an option.

They love their weekends with him so would cause resentment all
Round if I kept them on a Sunday or made them come back early (they come back on Tuesday)

Ilovenannyplum Sun 06-Mar-16 10:19:16

Pantone - I would be raging if I were you, my DSC have just left to go back to their mums and I would be astonished if they bought me anything Mother's Day related, I'm not their mum, she is, so this day is about her, not me (well I have DS too so it is a bit!) wine

OP - call them if it makes you feel better, I definitely would

Chinesealan Sun 06-Mar-16 10:23:27

Don't call them. If he's a good man he'll have them call you.

AlphaAlfalfa Sun 06-Mar-16 10:27:48

I wouldn't
I wouldn't want them feeling guilty or bad about me being alone (if they're old enough) I'd change the day. It's likely that they made something at nursery or school for you.
I used to take mine out shopping and give them some cash and wait a bit further away from the till. It made them feel special and grown up.

I remember my DS telling my other DDs "can't we get mummy something cheaper I want to spend some money on sweets too"

The cashier found a feisty three year old very funny.blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now