To postpone physio appointment because I haven't done the exercises she prescribed

(6 Posts)
ylaipi Sat 05-Mar-16 21:44:37

I haven't done any since the appointment 3weeks ago blush Was supposed to do 3xset of 10 every day with stretchy band thing but have forgotten what to do with it and haven't had time to google. Baby is teething and very clingy, it's hard to find time to do anything but I know I should have done them.

I guess she will know by my muscle tone I haven't done them?

Pain in my back and hips is worse (SPD related) I'm coping with extra codeine!

Should I postpone appointment for a couple of weeks and crack on with the exercises in the meantime?

RoganJosh Sat 05-Mar-16 21:45:46

I would postpone, as there probably won't be much point in going. She won't be able to tell if they've worked or not.

longdiling Sat 05-Mar-16 21:47:40

I wouldn't. They may well be able to offer you some different exercises that are easier to fit in. Try and get into a routine of doing it at specific times if you can - get your DH/DP on board to make sure you're doing it, it's really important if you want to improve. I do mine before bed and when I wake up. Physio showed me some you can do while stood up which makes it a lot easier to fit in as I just do them when I'm in the middle of cooking or whatever!

Sirzy Sat 05-Mar-16 21:50:30

If you have forgoton what to do then best to go back and be shown how to do it correctly

LivingInMidnight Sat 05-Mar-16 21:58:14

Just tell her you forgot how to do them properly, it'll be fine. No point missing an appointment when really you need her to show you it again. I've had to ask loads of times, even though during the appointment it seemed really easy.

Ask if she has a printout of it too, might help you remember.

liquidrevolution Sat 05-Mar-16 22:01:20

Don't postpone. I did exactly the same. If you postpone will you do the exercises? Probably not. Go to the appointment and refresh your memory!

It took 6 appointments for me to greatly reduce post birth spd pains. And no i didnt always do the exercises due to a teething baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now