Advanced search

AIBU to hate the phrase 'fluid bonded'?

(125 Posts)
mumoseven Sat 05-Mar-16 21:21:34

I'm adding it to my cringe list. Along with 'moist', 'lube' and 'unpick'

WorraLiberty Sat 05-Mar-16 21:23:02

Can we add 'gusset'?

Thank you wine

Edeline Sat 05-Mar-16 21:23:44

Whoever said romance was dead, eh?


DaffyDuck88 Sat 05-Mar-16 21:26:14

Gusset..... Reminds me of graffiti near London Bridge station, gone now I think - but written large was 'Big Dave's Gusset'. Had a snigger at that everyday as the train went past.

Aramynta Sat 05-Mar-16 21:26:37

Please tell me it doesn't mean what I think it does?


Sparklingbrook Sat 05-Mar-16 21:26:45

I heard it for the first time today on here. Bleurgh.

mumoseven Sat 05-Mar-16 21:27:40


WorraLiberty Sat 05-Mar-16 21:28:06

My mind is now boggling over Big Dave's Gusset!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 05-Mar-16 21:29:03

What does it mean? (thick as mince faceconfused)

Minniemagoo Sat 05-Mar-16 21:29:30

Came across it this evening on another thread for the first time and my initial reaction was 'wtf is this now a thing?'
It's so clinical and frankly ick. Sad to me in a way that someone would describe their relationship in these terms.

Yellowbird54321 Sat 05-Mar-16 21:29:42

What does it mean? Is it like grab adhesive? <suspects it isn't, is it>

PacificDogwod Sat 05-Mar-16 21:30:43

Eh? confused

Yellowbird54321 Sat 05-Mar-16 21:31:24

And whilst we're at it - what's a mince face? confused

OublietteBravo Sat 05-Mar-16 21:31:30

It sounds like a kind of alternative to welding or soldering. Something dull middle aged men might do in the shed at the weekend.

Minniemagoo Sat 05-Mar-16 21:31:36

It's apparently an agreement between partners to have unprotected sex.
(Can't believe I actually looked it up but was curious earlier when reading another thread)

LadyDeadpool Sat 05-Mar-16 21:32:09

Is it people who have shagged?

Oh wiki says "Fluid bonding may refer to: A process in polymer science. An agreement between partners in a relationship to practice unprotected sexual intercourse."

Thornrose Sat 05-Mar-16 21:34:15

What the...? Is it just sharing bodily fluids ie unprotected sex? If so it's about as stupid as the term BLW! grin

WelshMoth Sat 05-Mar-16 21:34:39

You've beaten me to it with gusset,Worra.

Flange is my word. Get rid. Don't even know what it means though.

PacificDogwod Sat 05-Mar-16 21:34:49

Oh FFS - do we need a special phrase for that now??

I am too old for that shit. Special phrases, I mean, not sex grin

Whenwillwe3meetagain Sat 05-Mar-16 21:35:30


Sparklingbrook Sat 05-Mar-16 21:36:07

People who have shagged and shared bodily fluids. It's the fluids that are the important bit apparently. sad

WelshMoth Sat 05-Mar-16 21:37:40

It seems appropriate to mention on this thread that every time I pass Turkey mince in the supermarket meat section, my brain tells me I'm reading Turkey minge.

I blame MN.

AND I hate the word 'minge'.

Sparklingbrook Sat 05-Mar-16 21:37:54

BLW=the bonkers phrase 'baby led weaning'. See also 'baby wearing', which is 'using a sling'. hmm

WorraLiberty Sat 05-Mar-16 21:38:51

Fluid bonded just sounds like two people took a piss together.

Or one pissed on the loo seat and didn't wipe it grin

OublietteBravo Sat 05-Mar-16 21:40:14

What's wrong with flange? It's just a rim/lip that provides structural support. Very useful technical word.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now