Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your help

(5 Posts)
Armywifelife Fri 04-Mar-16 13:36:36

I have 14 month old DS and am a SAHM. I'm lucky he's a pretty laid back easy(ish) child but I'm currently feeling so guilty.
I'm 24 weeks pregnant and so ill. I've already had 6 weeks of HG which I finally got over and now I've had the most horrific virus/flu for the past few days. I feel like I'm coughing my lungs up which is making my whole body ache, I can't stop sweating and feel dizzy when I walk around. Along with all the usual blocked nose etc sad

DH works long hours at the moment and I feel so bad that I'm struggling to even move off the sofa to play with DS. He is walking and plays by himself really well and is partial to a bit of peppa pig so is just about managing but is getting fed up. I don't even feel up to taking him for a little drive.
Currently abroad temporarily so no family to help out.
AIBU to ask you for some really fun games/activities to play without having to move too much??

TheGreatSnafu Fri 04-Mar-16 18:00:22

Poor you, that sounds tough.

I'm not a great creative - but will he play fetch? wink

Can you read to him?

What about funny faces copy games, tickling/goofing about making noises, etc., singsong rhyming with hand motions while he's near you.

Oooohhh - just found a link:

www.babycenter.com/0_40-ways-to-entertain-your-kids-while-lying-down_10350158.bc

Hope you feel better soon.

Armywifelife Fri 04-Mar-16 18:18:04

Ah thank you!
He loves books so have been reading but my head is just pounding.
Also lost my voice so singing is pretty hard too!
We've been playing peek a boo and tickles as much as he can stand it today but I think he's given up on me...

TheGreatSnafu Fri 04-Mar-16 19:45:09

Bless him. Kids are resilient.

I know it's tough to not be able to engage with him but he'll be ok, don't add guilt to the mix of things you are dealing with.

And poor you, how much Peppa have you had to endure?wink

Armywifelife Sat 05-Mar-16 12:17:25

Too much peppa...she's really starting to irritate me!

DH is on nights now so took DS out for the morning and went to our nearest version of toys r us, so he's been spoilt with new toys so he's happy today grin

Hoped I would feel slightly better today but don't at all angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now