to ask how many threads you've started?

(48 Posts)
katemiddletonsothermum Thu 03-Mar-16 19:57:04

I think I must have started about a hundred. This is why I'm a serial namechanger - I always think that you'll all be saying "oh god, not her again. Hasn't she got any friends to talk to?"

So, over the years, in chat, AIBU, education, relationships, health etc etc etc, including ALL your name changes (and all those "long time lurker, first time poster" oh yes, as if ) ...... be honest. How many threads have you started?

DadDadDad Thu 03-Mar-16 20:23:30

Clicking on "I started" brings up 11 for me, although there have been a few in Chat that will have now gone, but it will be less than 20 in total.

I've been on MN four years, and I've never name-changed.

EatShitDerek Thu 03-Mar-16 20:24:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Katenka Thu 03-Mar-16 20:25:49

I am a name changer too. Only because I think my sil is on here. I am careful to not put anything overly indentifying in threads, but if she read quite a few she might put it together.

Been here since just after ds was born so about five years.

Sparklingbrook Thu 03-Mar-16 20:26:02

I used to start loads. Wouldn't be able to find out the exact total Not any more though, it's not worth the bother.

4 years, no namechanging.

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Thu 03-Mar-16 20:28:17

One. So many times I've gone to start one then think I just can't deal with the grammar spelling police who offer no pearls of wisdom to the actual topic.

DramaAlpaca Thu 03-Mar-16 20:28:18

Only a handful in the four years I've been on here, less than five probably.

I'm always thinking of threads I could start, but never actually do!

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Thu 03-Mar-16 20:29:41

No I think it's 2 not one

ilovesooty Thu 03-Mar-16 20:30:09

Only a handful in the years I've been here. 2 all last year I think. Never name changed.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 03-Mar-16 20:30:47

About 3. When ive needed practical advice.

daffodilsandbooks Thu 03-Mar-16 20:31:05

I'm a thread-starter. I think I just like chatting grin

megletthesecond Thu 03-Mar-16 20:31:59

Loads.

gamerchick Thu 03-Mar-16 20:32:30

None thinking about it. No particular reason just haven't felt the need.

CaughtUpNearTimbuktu Thu 03-Mar-16 20:32:59

A few. I'm a serial name changer

Roseberrry Thu 03-Mar-16 20:34:06

I feel exactly the same op! Been on since 2010 and have started loads but I constantly name change

Ginkypig Thu 03-Mar-16 20:35:00

Iv name hanged a few times

If I click on I started it says 5

acasualobserver Thu 03-Mar-16 20:36:40

0 but I think I've killed a few though.

bumbleymummy Thu 03-Mar-16 20:51:43

Lots. I've been here for years though. Only occasionally name change.

GoringBit Thu 03-Mar-16 20:57:38

I think three AIBU threads, maybe four in chat and about the same in travel. Have been here a couple of years and have never name-changed, though I don't like mine now and will change if I ever get around to thinking up a better one.

DadDadDad Thu 03-Mar-16 21:03:30

IgnoreMe - your comment puzzles me - can you give me examples where someone has started a thread and others have picked up on grammar or spelling errors? (Particularly on a serious topic).

Some may criticise the substance of what the OP says, and there are occasional threads dedicated to moaning about poor grammar, but none of those are what you are describing.

BlueJug Thu 03-Mar-16 21:05:38

None under current name/ registration. 2 practical advice threads that ran to fewer than five posts pre HackerGate.

Name change several times a year.

Don't start threads as would have to stay glued to laptop while people answered. Would feel guilty logging off and going to bed if the thread took off - just rude!

GoringBit Thu 03-Mar-16 21:46:15

Really, D3? I can't link to specific threads offhand, but have seen 'serious' threads where the OP has been seeking help, but has used 'of' instead of 'have', or (whisper it) hasn't used paragraphs, and people have picked their grammar or use of language apart, rather than offering anything remotely helpful.

DadDadDad Thu 03-Mar-16 21:52:26

Which boards does that happen on, Goring, because I'm just not seeing it? I've seen threads where posters rage about "could of", but not actually on a thread where someone has raised a genuine, personal question.

Liger123 Thu 03-Mar-16 22:00:30

What's with the persistent mansplaining DadDadDad? I've noticed what goring is referring to. Maybe you should pay more attention instead of hounding for examples.

GoringBit Thu 03-Mar-16 22:02:31

D3, I really only go on AIBU and Chat, so it'll have been in one of those. Of course AIBU is always a bit of a crap-shoot in terms of what responses you'll get, and Chat seemed to be going through a feisty phase recently.

I wouldn't say it's a common thing by any means, and from memory, the nit-pickers were challenged, but it is something I've seen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now