Talk

Advanced search

DH has a new car and no one is allowed to fart in it. Is he BU?

(52 Posts)
BrainSurgeon Thu 03-Mar-16 14:30:04

He's dead serious about it too. DS aged 7 is being told off if he lets one rip.

I and half amused half incredulous.

Apparently the "foul stench" stays in the car forever and he hates it.

Is he BU?

SnowBallsAreHere Thu 03-Mar-16 14:30:39

grin

Botchit Thu 03-Mar-16 14:31:33

No he is not being unreasonable. However, he should provide bungs as one enters the vehicle.

GenerationX2 Thu 03-Mar-16 14:32:00

no - there is nothing better than the new car smell - you don't want to ruin it with fart smell grin.

MitzyLeFrouf Thu 03-Mar-16 14:32:52

He's right. It will hide in the boot like a ghostly spectre. A big sad faced fart ghost.

AdoraBell Thu 03-Mar-16 14:32:55

grin

Tell him no one is allowed to fart in the house as the stench gets into the walls and never leaves

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Thu 03-Mar-16 14:35:22

How else do you provide your own personal in-car heating??? confused

Also can act as a car jacker deterrent (Smack the pony sketch)

AdoraBell Thu 03-Mar-16 14:36:18

Oh, and that "new car" smell that my DH some people like so much is caused by gasses coming off the plastic. These gasses can be toxic.

Farts are completely natural grin

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 03-Mar-16 14:36:26

Ha! wait until your son treads in dog's poo at the park and manages to wipe the offending shoe all over the back of the driver's seat. Yes, I am talking from experience...ugh..the stench.

Can't he get a tree air freshener like everyone else?

Cocolepew Thu 03-Mar-16 14:41:11

grin
My dad gt a new car last year. He spent the whoe time teling my DDs and my nephew to 'mind the Mercs doors! " everytime they opened them. They are all teens and have managed to open car doors most of their lives without mishaps. A few months later he tore the whole side of it off driving into past a skip.

BippityBoppityBullshit Thu 03-Mar-16 14:44:32

Haha, id make a family Mexican bean heavy meal and dutch oven the car grin

Drew64 Thu 03-Mar-16 14:48:12

Everyone knows, It's an un written law that farting in an enclosed space is funny/unacceptable...
Would you fart in a lift?

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 03-Mar-16 14:53:43

Then he needs to splash out on heated seats.

Tight git.

SnozzberryWibble Thu 03-Mar-16 14:54:25

Get a Maccy D's and eat it in the car, or use it to go and collect a Dominos pizza or a kebab... The fast food smell lingers forever and will soon overpower that heady new car smell... Then he wont care about the farts :D

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 03-Mar-16 14:55:07

Some people think it's funny to fart a leaving present as they leave a lift drew grin

Tescos sell a car freshener called 'new car frangrance'. You could buy him one of those but they smell foul.

acasualobserver Thu 03-Mar-16 14:55:09

I imagine this will be a very difficult rule to enforce. I can also see difficulties if there are two or three passengers and one emits a silent fart - how will your husband be sure about the guilty party?

diddl Thu 03-Mar-16 14:57:59

Unless one of you has bowel problems &?or frequently make long journeys than it's not even an issue, is it?

AdoraBell Thu 03-Mar-16 14:59:13

Do make sure he tells any adult passengers too OP, like his parents/friends/colleagues grin

TheWitchwithNoName Thu 03-Mar-16 15:00:23

Please buy your DS a minions fart gun!

ComeonSummer1 Thu 03-Mar-16 15:02:53

Can you wear your shoes In there?grin

BishopBrennansArse Thu 03-Mar-16 15:04:59

Eat lots of beans and fart your head off, OP grin

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 03-Mar-16 15:08:46

Will he be happy to make 'fart stops' on long journeys so passengers can let rip at the side of the road?

donajimena Thu 03-Mar-16 15:09:29

If anyone farted in my car they could get out and walk. Its disgusting and a 7 year old can clench.
I can't stand people who think its ok to inflict the smell of their bowels on someone else (illness and bowel conditions are an exception)
I am not uptight about wind and find it quite funny when someone is a safe distance away. But 'dutch oven' or announcing ones imminent arrival. Grow up ffs and learn some manners

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 03-Mar-16 15:12:50

It's quite possible dh clenched all the way home in his nice new car but he may be writhing around in agony later with trapped wind smile

RudeElf Thu 03-Mar-16 15:13:38

Are you supposed to hang your arse out the window then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now