We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrows!

(41 Posts)
NurseRosie Thu 03-Mar-16 10:26:36

AIBU to ask why and say I don't get it?

VirginiaWoofs Thu 03-Mar-16 10:34:02

No one actually does their eyebrows like that

VirginiaWoofs Thu 03-Mar-16 10:34:25

Those pictures are exaggerated/ jokes

PaulAnkaTheDog Thu 03-Mar-16 10:34:57

They're pisstakes of the HD brow craze.

VioletVaccine Thu 03-Mar-16 10:38:00

It's an exaggeration of a real trend though. It's rife where I live, beautiful looking women who go and ruin it by having two hairy slugs trying to mate in the middle of their forehead.
It doesn't look good, but if they like it, that's what matters. Still looks crap though

notamummy10 Thu 03-Mar-16 10:39:25

VirginiaWoofs I beg to differ, I've seen women with my own eyes with brows like that.

I don't understand why people like to go for the sharpie/fake eyebrows look. What's wrong with the natural look? I will admit, I do prefer eyebrows with an arch though!

figureofspeech Thu 03-Mar-16 10:39:31

Actually my dh's neice has very similar eyebrows. Such a beautiful girl made ugly by hideous eyebrows.

NurseRosie Thu 03-Mar-16 10:55:24

I see eyebrows like this all the time. A girl served me in a shop yesterday, and they were drawn on, 2cm thick and a different colour to her hair. DH even commented and he doesn't really notice stuff like that really.
Am I missing something?

Pengweng Thu 03-Mar-16 11:10:02

Some of the mums at the DTs school have eyebrows like this. It startles me every time i see them. EEK!

YesAnastasia Thu 03-Mar-16 11:12:56

A beautiful friend of mine had hers tattooed on, they're awful!!! Not as bad as those above but they're massive!

I don't understand it either - the bigger my eyebrows the more manly I look.

EponasWildDaughter Thu 03-Mar-16 11:15:32

I have a theory.

I think eyebrows are a bit like nails.

You can make a big statement with them very easily and it's not permanent. Eyebrow pencil doesn't rub off easily like lip stick and doesn't sting/smudge like eye make up. It's easy and cheap to go mad with it in the name of fashion.

MaidOfStars Thu 03-Mar-16 11:23:34

I have seen eyebrows like this.

AnnPerkins Thu 03-Mar-16 11:24:32

Ahh, I remember the 80s when everyone wanted Brooke Shields' eyebrows. They were good eyebrow days...

Snozberry Thu 03-Mar-16 11:27:02

They do exist as bad as that, I live in the mad eyebrow capital of the UK though.

Patterkiller Thu 03-Mar-16 12:13:28

Liverpool? snoz

AnotherEffingOrangeRevel Thu 03-Mar-16 12:21:12

I want to know when the monobrow will come into fashion. This recent trend has convinced me to give in and stop trying to tame the giant slugs which live above my eyes. But now I'm waiting for the monobrow element of them to become cool, and it's just not happening angry

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Thu 03-Mar-16 12:30:24

I think its to do with looking good in photos. Really bold makeup and trout pout has a glamour/playboy bunny look which is depressingly what young women have been conditioned into thinking is attractive. Hopefully it will die out. Some of the pictures I see young girls put online make them look like cartoons.

NurseRosie Thu 03-Mar-16 13:07:00

I just wonder what people see when they look in the mirror. If we can look and think "OMG, they look terrible" why do these ladies not see this.
I'm not saying i look like I dress at the height of fashion and look amazing all the time, but I know when I look shocking, lol.
Here's a question, would you clever feel brave enough to tell someone their eyebrows look ridiculous?

ColdTeaAgain Thu 03-Mar-16 13:11:33

There is a receptionist at work with huge hd eyebrows. What makes it look even more odd is that although her hair and brows are almost jet black but she doesn't wear any mascara or eyeliner to sort of balance it out. You literally see the brows before anything else. I have to make myself not stare blush

hiddenhome2 Thu 03-Mar-16 13:13:57

People do it to their babies as well grin

Klaptrap Thu 03-Mar-16 13:42:32

They're scary aren't they? It's the really square ends that I find weird - even on HD brows that are done nicely, they have a weird blunt square end that just look odd. I do think 'each to their own' though and try not to judge.

I had my brows tattooed a year ago - but they were done very naturally and only filled out the natural shape of my brow and enhanced it a bit (i.e. filled in any sparse bits). I love them and I don't think they look unnatural. They were also not completely permanent as they fade out over a couple of years. They aren't a solid block either, they were built up with lots of tiny strokes to look like real hairs.

MaidOfStars Thu 03-Mar-16 19:08:03

Lois Excellent theory - selfie ready. So much life played out via social photography.

MaidOfStars Thu 03-Mar-16 19:09:26

klaptrap Any chance of a flash? This sounds like something I could do with.

Claraoswald36 Thu 03-Mar-16 19:11:05

Yep seen the eyebrows in real life too. There's a waitress in a cafe in teignmouth who has black go faster stripes across her temples I tell you!

Ughnotagain Thu 03-Mar-16 19:20:09

Here's a question, would you clever feel brave enough to tell someone their eyebrows look ridiculous?

No, because I'm not a mean dickhead and it's none of my business anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now