Talk

Advanced search

To gaffa tape my feet (bit gross!)

(17 Posts)
grimnotjim Wed 02-Mar-16 21:43:57

Footner. 'nuff said really.

However the snowstorm when I take my socks off isn't particularly attractive.
I'm currently eyeing up the gaffa tape on the coffee table. Stick it on and peel it off nice and slowly. Job done.

Good idea or bad idea?

mineofuselessinformation Wed 02-Mar-16 21:48:52

Bad idea. You will probably peel off some of the tender new skin as well.
You'll have to be patient and wait for the beauty!

nokidshere Wed 02-Mar-16 21:58:37

Bad idea. But I am seriously considering trying this product on the psoriasis on my arm so am probs knot the best person to ask grin

nokidshere Wed 02-Mar-16 21:59:14

Probs knot = probably not

Rainbunny Wed 02-Mar-16 23:24:51

Hmm, try it and report back to us?

I think I'd just have a quick going over with a pumice stone or if you don't have any foot tool or product on hand you could mix some granulated sugar with oil or honey even and scrub your feet.

Rainbunny Wed 02-Mar-16 23:29:00

Sorry - forget what I posted! I just looked up Footner and realised it is an awesome looking miracle product that I must now hunt down (living overseas currently).

purplewhale Wed 02-Mar-16 23:29:38

Get some footner, it's fab

darksideofthemooncup Wed 02-Mar-16 23:34:28

I find the best thing to do is to have a long bath so it softens up a bit, then it rubs off in a deeply satisfying manner

ComeonSummer1 Wed 02-Mar-16 23:36:43

But would you mind taking your shoes off coming into my house as my rules?

Can do guest slippers.

TAAT sorry smile

RudeElf Wed 02-Mar-16 23:40:53

Yikes! I imagine gaffer tape would pull off the skin you want to keep on! And hurt!

JeremyZackHunt Wed 02-Mar-16 23:45:29

Socks. Thick socks.
Mind I say that as someone who's had their footner socks waiting until I figure out the bit that says apply barrier cream. What's barrier cream?

Fatmomma99 Wed 02-Mar-16 23:53:29

I had very cracked heels (is that similar????) and got some Dr Schol cream. Worked in two days.

Had a colleague complaining of similar, recommended it. She looked deeply skeptical, but then tap-danced up to me saying it was brilliant and had solved everything.

Sorry if this is irrelevant to your thread. I didn't totally understand it!

PigletJohn Wed 02-Mar-16 23:54:17

Lard.

LadyStoicIsBack Wed 02-Mar-16 23:56:33

Jeremy

That sodding barrier cream angry

Hard to ID, impossible to find, then when found is £48 a pack shock

Or.... it could be vaseline, found at any poundshop or supermarket or chemist near you wink

JeremyZackHunt Wed 02-Mar-16 23:58:53

Oh excellent, thanks stoic. I am a Style and Beauty fuckwit and these terms are all baffling.
Tomorrow I slather Vaseline on my tender bits smile

JeremyZackHunt Thu 03-Mar-16 00:00:52

Piglet really? You knew that? Can I swap my woman badge for your gas safe badge smile

LadyStoicIsBack Thu 03-Mar-16 00:00:56

FatMomma Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shock

Am AGHAST you could even think them similar....

One is a cream you rub into vile cracked heels in hope will sofften them (your Scholl cream); the other is a thing of marvel that you place upon your feet for an hour and then 7-10 days later the manky bottom of your foot falls off grin

I have to fess to being a Footner skeptic when first heard of it on MN of course but tried it and am a convert. Beautiful baby soft feet, not a crack in sight and all manky old dead and cracked skin gone grin

And OP I so would with the gaffa tape but I'd apply it really lightly IYKWIM - not roll it on with the pressure I'd use on a parcel or summat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now