Talk

Advanced search

I want to go out clubbing on my own AIBU?

(55 Posts)
ClaudiaApfelstrudel Wed 02-Mar-16 20:20:39

I really want to go out clubbing but I have nobody to go with I've been raising a family for a long time now and I feel a buzz to go out again before it's too late.

Have any other mums been out on there own is it safe to go what kind of things might I expect?? or AIBU and should I just not bother!

KenLeeDibidibidabdoo Wed 02-Mar-16 21:04:05

I don't think I could go on my own, I'd feel a bit awkward. Although when I go with friends I usually go off dancing on my own!

Where are you? I'll go with you!

bornwithaplasticspoon Wed 02-Mar-16 21:05:26

My idea of hell but if you want to do it - go for it! It would be more fun with a friend though? Ask everyone you know, you never know someone might be gagging to do the same.

Palomb Wed 02-Mar-16 21:10:49

Depends what sort of music ime. I used to go clubbing in my own loads and always had a good time but this was with the aid of disinhibiting substances 😆. You could post on the clubs fb page and see if there's anyone else going you could meet up with?

FigMango1 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:14:01

I think this is the one 'activity' it would look a bit mad to be on your own. Presumably you are going to dance, bit sad to be dancing by yourself. I wouldn't but maybe you are braver than me!

SouthPole Wed 02-Mar-16 21:15:07

I've done it when I'm in the mood!

I love love love dance music (proper 90's girl) and I've gone out and had a proper good dance. Got in the car and gone home!

I'll come with you! I feel the urge coming on me for a night out too!

Palomb, I'm with you on the dis-inhibiting substances too - they help!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 02-Mar-16 21:20:12

I am feeling my lost yoof at the moment blush so I'd be in!

Let's go.

NantucketNightbird Wed 02-Mar-16 21:24:05

I don't drink but would love a night out to get all dresses up and dance, can I tag along?

NantucketNightbird Wed 02-Mar-16 21:24:32

*dressed blush

SouthPole Wed 02-Mar-16 21:26:24

A Midlands meet up?!

(am in Midlands, can you tell?!).

Go clubbing in Birmingham, I'll bring the molly, someone else get the powder...

GreatFuckability Wed 02-Mar-16 21:27:27

I go to gigs by myself. Clubs and anything with loud music aren't really that sociable anyway are they? And I always find someone to chat to when queuing etc

TooOldForGlitter Wed 02-Mar-16 21:30:28

I've been on my own. It's easy to chat to people when everyone is drunk relaxed. Where are you OP? Have you been on the MN local boards and had a look if anyone's looking for friends?

cornishglos Wed 02-Mar-16 21:30:51

I used to go clubbing on my own. I moved about a bit as a young person. I always hoped to meet people, but if I didn't I still got to have a night out.

theycallmemellojello Wed 02-Mar-16 21:32:39

I also have been to gigs by myself, but isn't the point of clubbing dancing with others? Having said this, I've only really done cheesy club nights at uni. My "cooler" friends used to go to warehouse parties in London, and that seemed to be all about the music and drugs - I think it would be fine to go to something like that on your own. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable in a cheesy disco type club alone. But fine if you think you would. Or try meetup.com?

ZootSuit Wed 02-Mar-16 21:33:05

SouthPole sounds like my kind of night out, how long will it take me to get there from Essex?!
I catch myself quite often daydreaming about a night out dancing, or when a certain song comes on and presses the button...

Hobbes8 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:37:19

SouthPole can we go to Snobs? And then at Mr Egg for chips afterwards?

CaughtUpNearTimbuktu Wed 02-Mar-16 21:38:33

I used to go out with a group of mates, get bored and latch onto other groups. Had some of the best nights out ever doing that! I say go for it!

WeeHelena Wed 02-Mar-16 21:38:38

Only ever done it once as non of my friends were available and a date flaked so I got dressed and went out to a Jazz bar and fairly enjoyed myself.

Just do it, pick somewhere sociable to get warmed up then club.

Oldraver Wed 02-Mar-16 21:49:24

I would (and have) gone clubbing on my own, though do end up meeting people I know. This is what I call proper clubbing for the music.

I wouldn't go to cheesy boozey townie clubs

BennyTheBall Wed 02-Mar-16 21:50:03

Clubbing? Alone? <faints>

How old are you? Even if you're 19, I'm thinking it would be odd to go clubbing alone.

Plateofcrumbs Wed 02-Mar-16 21:53:42

I've been clubbing on my own, although only really when I was already out and friends bailed early and I thought 'sod it' and went on to a club on my own. I've thought about going out entirely on my own before but never quite had the nerve.

Ackvavit Wed 02-Mar-16 21:57:43

Benny the ball...I think it is possibly quite the opposite of odd. I think tinder is a bit sad but each to their own. Actually some of the best fun I've had is splitting off from planned nights out and hooking up with new people. I understand you may think turning up alone is "odd" , but if you are not "odd" what's the difference than hooking up on social media random sites?

Divathecat Wed 02-Mar-16 22:02:00

I did a lot of clubbing, on my own only to gay clubs. Met lifelong friends this way, including my bestest friend.

lorelei9 Wed 02-Mar-16 22:02:47

Never done it but why not? Pretend you've lost your mates
I have got talking to other groups after genuinely losing mates in big clubs and didn't even look at my phone for ages because o had a laugh dancing and chatting with people I found.

BennyTheBall Wed 02-Mar-16 22:05:01

It would be odd for me or my friends, but I realise we're all different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now