Talk

Advanced search

To think the couple on the tube should stop kissing each other every four seconds

(63 Posts)
LancashirePudding Wed 02-Mar-16 18:00:47

There is a couple stood next to me on a busy tube train, having a conversation which is interspersed with noisy sloppy kisses about every four seconds. WIBU to ask them to save the revolting love in until they get off the train?!

LancashirePudding Wed 02-Mar-16 18:02:24

People keep staring at them in a 'WTF are you doing?' kind of way and they are completely oblivious.

LancashirePudding Wed 02-Mar-16 18:03:37

And in between the kissing they are giving each other sex eyes looks with their faces about three inches from each other hmm

CruCru Wed 02-Mar-16 18:04:27

Ugh. YANBU but they will be completely indifferent. The other day I stood next to a couple (on the tube) who were full on snogging. It was gross.

littledrummergirl Wed 02-Mar-16 18:04:31

Good for them. Make love not war. smile
Ywbu

Katedotness1963 Wed 02-Mar-16 18:05:49

Oh god! Are they making a noise when they kiss?? I recently has to stop watching Cagney and Lacey because Mary Beth and Harvey make kissing sounds. I've waited for years for that boxed set and now it's ruined...sad

Maybe you could all rate their technique out loud?

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Wed 02-Mar-16 18:06:06

It's better than them having a loud sweary argument.

Just look away.

LancashirePudding Wed 02-Mar-16 18:06:38

They are really long, slurpy kisses CruCru. Never mind London Underground posters about not eating smelly food on the train because it's anti-social, however "don't share your foreplay with other travellers".

RuggerHug Wed 02-Mar-16 18:06:45

Is there any chance you could yell 'I KNEW it, you bastard' as you hop off at your stop? You won't see them stop but others may be grateful wink
Disclaimer I am not suggesting you really do it, but maybe imagine it and laugh to get through the journey?

LancashirePudding Wed 02-Mar-16 18:07:09

*how about

RealityCheque Wed 02-Mar-16 18:07:43

Are they hurting you?

It's none of your business so you should not say anything.

FruStefanOla Wed 02-Mar-16 18:07:59

I have a friend who shouts "NO CANOODLING".
Try that and see what happens grin

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 02-Mar-16 18:08:15

That's all falseness that. AFAIAC. It's very easy for people to be fawning and drapping all over each other, in public. They were probably screaming at each other 3 hours ago.
Oh Jeeez. The ever romantic, Ilive.grin.
I never been one for PDA. I can wait until I get home. They're lucky they're not in Dubai. Kissing in public is illegal there and so it should be.

lastqueenofscotland Wed 02-Mar-16 18:09:28

Urg I had this the other day on a tube so crowded you couldn't breathe properly. Literally toungue wrestling about 3 cm from my face angry

Yanbu it's minging

LaurieFairyCake Wed 02-Mar-16 18:09:41

Stop looking wanking grin

Whosthemummy16 Wed 02-Mar-16 18:10:41

A couple were doing this in the cafe me and my mum were in this morning. Put me right off my breakfast !!
The noise was awful !

Maudofallhopefulness Wed 02-Mar-16 18:11:30

Ugh, I hate that. I'd be stabby, stabby, stabby!. Yanbu, it's utterly minging.

Oysterbabe Wed 02-Mar-16 18:12:08

Aww it's sweet. Young love.

zzzzz Wed 02-Mar-16 18:12:16

Kissing in public is illegal there and so it should be. confused

VagueIdeas Wed 02-Mar-16 18:13:01

Ewww, I hate PDAs. Especially on public transport when you can't get away from them.

LancashirePudding Wed 02-Mar-16 18:13:11

Haha RuggerHug, I wish I was brave enough to do that!

No, they aren't physically hurting me Reality but I don't think it's particularly considerate when the joys of a packed tube train mean that other people are forced to stand inches away from it.

BathshebaDarkstone Wed 02-Mar-16 18:15:49

YABU. They're only kissing, not performing a 69 across the seats. hmm

LancashirePudding Wed 02-Mar-16 18:16:06

Oh and now there's nose nuzzling.The slurpy kisses are definitely worse but really, did they really need to add to them?! I can hear the kissing through my headphones. envy for wanting to vomit, definitely not envy!

wibblywobbler Wed 02-Mar-16 18:17:31

YWBU unless they were using tongues in which case YWNBU

grannytomine Wed 02-Mar-16 18:20:23

Spring is in the air and young love isn't far behind. Let them enjoy it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now