To ask what inspired your username/which username you wish you had thought of for yourself

(270 Posts)
scarednoob Wed 02-Mar-16 00:24:28

Reading the threads and sometimes the usernames are very funny! Mine is exceedingly dull; I'd just found out I was pregnant and had a question for the pregnancy board - hence being scared and new.

Tonight (whilst waiting for said baby to go the F to sleep!) I am laughing at needascarfformygiraffe.

So indulge/entertain a sleep deprived zombie - what's your name and where does it come from?

Grilledaubergines Wed 02-Mar-16 00:26:57

I had my username flavoured pesto on my pasta the evening I joined. Thought of loads of good ones since!

JeremyZackHunt Wed 02-Mar-16 00:27:49

I was and will be Giddyonzackhunt but I had a doctor supporting name change.
They are, I think, factual

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 02-Mar-16 00:29:16

I don't know really. It just popped into my head. I've always scared yet fascinated by the sea and lighthouses, and what lighthouse would be complete without a ghostie.grin.
I don't think anyone's username is dull. I think everyone's got a story or reason behind theirs.

hesterton Wed 02-Mar-16 00:33:01

Hesterton felt like a combination of a solid curvy chest of drawers and a rather pompous and stout elderly busybody. I relate to both.

willfuckformichilenstarfood Wed 02-Mar-16 00:41:29

Mines just honest 😂😂 mind there's not a lot I won't do for food. Any food <greedy>

EchoOfADistantTide Wed 02-Mar-16 00:45:28

Lyrics to my favourite song.

sadwidow28 Wed 02-Mar-16 00:48:11

Mine is obvious..... but it is now nearly 15 years!

When I post in telly-addicts I feel I should change it, but I am called sad or SW these days and I would miss my affectionate MN nicknames.

Whitetulipofpeace Wed 02-Mar-16 00:49:11

Mine is because of Fringe the MTV show smile

Whitetulipofpeace Wed 02-Mar-16 00:50:41

TV show! Bloody fat fingers.

OvO Wed 02-Mar-16 00:52:10

I was trying to find an unused 2 character username that I liked (I never did) and was randomly typing letters to see how they looked when I typed in Ov, which led to OvO as it looked like an owl. Thought it was cute. grin

Can't have 2 or 3 character usernames now! <is special>

Spanglecrab Wed 02-Mar-16 00:52:23

My first born's favourite toy as a baby. I believe it's called a whoosit. I named it spanglecrab and the rest is history.

spanglecrab

WutheringFrights Wed 02-Mar-16 00:53:04

One of my DC is 'Wuthering' based and I wanted something more interesting than Heights as the second bit.

I've had a couple of other usernames but I love this one.

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Wed 02-Mar-16 00:53:10

Paraphrase of a line from Donnie Darko.

Jw35 Wed 02-Mar-16 00:53:12

Initials and age. Very boring! I have no imagination whatsoever grin

Jw35 Wed 02-Mar-16 00:53:34

I'm 36 now though!

WutheringFrights Wed 02-Mar-16 00:54:13

Um SpangleCrab I think you'll find that's Norman! grin

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 02-Mar-16 00:57:57

Awwwwwwww. Norman the crab. Far tooooo cute. grin

SmellsLikeMiddleAgeSpirit Wed 02-Mar-16 00:58:02

I still like to scream along to Nirvana, but am sadly no longer a teen.

Spanglecrab Wed 02-Mar-16 00:58:41

Is that official or a wutheringfrights thing?!!

InAWashingMachineMinute Wed 02-Mar-16 00:59:22

Mine came from a colleague: If someone said they'd do something 'in a minute', she'd say do you mean in a real minute or a washing machine one?

It made me laugh because my bastard of a washing machine used to pretend it only had a minute left when it meant 10.

I love all the pun names, but am not quick witted enough to think of one.

Mine is from Frozen by I've had a lot of name changes!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 02-Mar-16 01:08:13

I should have known that. My nephew is crazy about Frozen. Every time he stays with me. He insists on snuggling up and watching it. So I think I know the whole script inside out, and backwards and forwards grin

WutheringFrights Wed 02-Mar-16 01:11:31

SpangleCrab sorry it's a Wuthering thing. blush
My DD, sadly, has not inherited my naming skills.
She has a lamb called Lamb, a baby called Baby and an imaginary Dad called Michael (she has a real Dad too, he is not called Michael)
Sorry I digress, it's late and I probably should be asleep...

ElderlyKoreanLady Wed 02-Mar-16 01:12:55

I do name change, probably due a new one soon really. But my NNs are generally tributes to threads on here or mumsnetty concepts/theories. I get very attached to them but hate sharing too much about myself under one name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now