Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit irritated with DH (and brother in law)

(20 Posts)
Ladyonashortfuse Tue 01-Mar-16 18:01:51

I'm 6 months pregnant, dc3 so not that precious about it but slightly astounded by email I have just received from DH saying, quite seriously, that his brother has suggested doing a marathon together on the other side of the country on the date dc is due (of which b-in-law has been told), and would it be possible for him to go and do it? Given only 5 percent of kids are actually born on the edd anyway? I mean....WTF? What kind of plonker even asks?!!

Primaryteach87 Tue 01-Mar-16 18:02:47

Errrrrrr no. I think you can laugh or cry at this, your choice?! Crazy suggestion!

rollonthesummer Tue 01-Mar-16 18:04:08

Have you replied?!

Sandbrook Tue 01-Mar-16 18:04:25

He's a great laugh, your husband grin

PinotAndPlaydough Tue 01-Mar-16 18:08:51

I would be telling him to have a great time and be asking if the other two children will be running the marathon too or will he be sorting out childcare down there. grin

Will be lovely for you to either have some peace and quiet when over due (presuming you have family close by that could help should you go into labour) or with a newborn.

In all seriousness, just tell him he's being a complete idiot and that obviously no he can't just go off on your due date

Andrewofgg Tue 01-Mar-16 18:12:50

The answer should be two words of which the second could be off or yourself - whichever you prefer.

MagicalHamSandwich Tue 01-Mar-16 18:15:35

YANBU! Tell him to grow the fuck up - seems you're actually pregnant with DC4.

eaudeparfumpooie Tue 01-Mar-16 18:15:45

Is your BiL deliberately sabotaging his brother chance at parenting?

You may well need to explain to him how unhelpful it would be not to support his brother in being the best he can be as a parent, before a pattern starts.

BillSykesDog Tue 01-Mar-16 18:18:02

Tell him it's a good thing he's a fast runner or he'd be getting a kick up the arse!

DartmoorDoughnut Tue 01-Mar-16 18:18:50

Bless his heart, he's obvs been hit on the head or something grin

FigMango1 Tue 01-Mar-16 18:19:36

Tell him he's a month early with the April fools joke grin

Arrowfanatic Tue 01-Mar-16 18:20:39

I'd send him the link to one of those running buggies letting him know he'll need to get one to take the other two kids with him, clearly they'll be too young to run it all so he can push them the rest of the way.

Buttons23 Tue 01-Mar-16 18:22:34

Reply back that either a) you will be leaving you with two children and a newborn or b) heavily pregnant with two children and can go into labour at any time. Which you risk missing. Do you want to rethink your question?

Nanny0gg Tue 01-Mar-16 18:24:55

Reply:

'hahahahahaha...
it's not April yet...'

Ladyonashortfuse Tue 01-Mar-16 18:27:01

Ha ha no I can sort of see the funny side now but still think b in law is a bit of a twat for asking him (although I am a bit prejudiced against that man anyway). smile

VimFuego101 Tue 01-Mar-16 18:27:02

YANBU! Tell him to grow the fuck up - seems you're actually pregnant with DC4.

Took me a moment to work this out, but I got it in the end, and it sounds like it's true!

CustardOmlet Tue 01-Mar-16 18:31:41

As pp said, my response would be of cause, but I assume other DCs will be running with him.

Goingtobeawesome Tue 01-Mar-16 18:48:52

Maybe BIL isn't a twat and has just forgotten the due date.

Your DH is a pillock for asking if he can go.

Iggi999 Tue 01-Mar-16 18:53:42

Marathon training would also take him out of the house almost every night for months prior to it leaving you heavily pg with 2 others dcs to mind. Lovely!

quietbatperson Tue 01-Mar-16 18:59:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now