Talk

Advanced search

to use wart treatment on almost 3 year old ds?

(9 Posts)
ItsAllAboutTheCakes Tue 01-Mar-16 16:29:06

Ds has a wart on his finger, most wart treatments say they can only be used on over 4s. Is there anything suitable for under 4s and if not would it do him any harm if I used it?
I had warts all over me as a child which ended up in painful freezing removal and I'm worried that ds will end up spreading the wart round his body.
Anyone's dc had warts? Any advice would be very appreciated.

PortobelloRoad Tue 01-Mar-16 16:35:42

I would ask your GP. Or actually could you ask at a pharmacy? They can probably give you some solid advice.

ItsAllAboutTheCakes Tue 01-Mar-16 16:42:52

Yeah will do, was just curious as to weather anyone had used anything on an under 4. I'm assuming the gp or pharmacy will recommend I don't do anything because any treatment I can find online seems to be for over fours.

GormlessNormTheGardenGnome Tue 01-Mar-16 16:50:16

Dd had a cluster of about 15 warts on her fingers at that age. I put tea tree oil on them every night for about a week and they disappeared. She wasn't keen on the smell, but it didn't hurt her. I wouldn't use the wart treatment on a 3 year old, it really hurts if you get it on normal skin.

ItsAllAboutTheCakes Tue 01-Mar-16 17:38:08

Oh brilliant Gormless ill try the tea tree oil. Did you put it on neat or diluted? It's only a small one so I was to treat it before it grows or spreads.

Mumofsophie Tue 01-Mar-16 17:53:39

Tea tree oil and duck(duct?) tape sorted out the cluster of warts my DS had at the age of 4. The duck (duct?) tape was recommended by our GP by the way and I added a few drops of tea tree oil each day as it is anti-viral.

GormlessNormTheGardenGnome Tue 01-Mar-16 17:58:29

Neat, with a cotton bud, I think. I sort of forgot about it after the first week, and suddenly realised a couple of weeks later that they had all completely gone.

ItsAllAboutTheCakes Tue 01-Mar-16 18:16:00

Thanks so much for the brill advice ladies will send Dh out for tea tree oil and duct tape smile

Honeyandfizz Tue 01-Mar-16 18:31:12

If tea tree doesn't work try apple cider vinegar. I've just done three nights on dd finger and its turned black. We used it on a few ds had on his hands last year & it worked like magic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now