Talk

Advanced search

to wonder if DH's sometimes do listen to their wives?

(9 Posts)
Flingingmelon Tue 01-Mar-16 10:50:34

Going on a Bootcamp in less than two weeks.

Need to do clean eating for the two weeks before to stop major caffeine withdrawal etc

Been away with DH for a long weekend. No phones. Lots of talk about everything, including forthcoming camp, clean eating, improving our health etc.
Definitely tell him all about camp, specifically make the last meal on holiday a blow out before the big cut back. Both make a big joke about it.

Come home.

To keep myself on track I put the basic rules in the fridge 'No caffeine' is one of them.

DH can read.

First morning.
DH - do you want coffee?
Me - no thanks, clean eating, no caffeine.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Day three. He's still bloody asking me every few hours. Now I know I'm now mid withdrawal but would it fucking kill him to take some bloody notice?!?!?

He's not winding me up, it's not in his DNA.

And yes, I should be grateful he even offers at all.

And...breathe!

Flingingmelon Tue 01-Mar-16 10:51:56

On the fridge! They're on the fridge! If they were in the fridge I would be vvu!

Fratelli Wed 02-Mar-16 06:58:40

Yabu for saying "clean eating".

Katenka Wed 02-Mar-16 07:00:04

Maybe you were miserable with out the coffee and he hoped you would give in. More 'please drink the coffee' wink

winchester1 Wed 02-Mar-16 07:03:25

Could you send him out for decaf - I suppose asking is just a habit really.

I stopped working at maccy ds over 10yrs ago, I still have to fight the urge to say 'do.you want fries with that'. grin

topcat2014 Wed 02-Mar-16 07:05:48

Good luck etc with everything (am trying something along those lines) - I suppose decaf is also off?

Just don't be too offended after the course etc when you no longer get offered any coffees smile

HermioneJeanGranger Wed 02-Mar-16 07:17:01

It's probably just habit if he's used to asking. Can't you ask for decaf or something else as a substitute?

Maybe he just doesn't want to make himself a drink and not offer you anything.

DinosaursRoar Wed 02-Mar-16 07:21:03

He's being polite, he's getting one himself and the polite thing to do is to offer to someone else there even if you think they'll say no, to show you are still considering them.

You clearly need the caffeine. Could you not say "can I have a decaf?" Or "no thanks for coffee, but I love a mint tea/another drink of choice"

He's being nice, you are being a grumpy cow, however as the year I have up coffee for lent was nearly the end of my marriage, I do sympathise.

Flingingmelon Wed 02-Mar-16 14:15:26

I had some coffee grin

I think it's just the not listening that winds me up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now