Talk

Advanced search

to think my neighbours are strange

(87 Posts)
gunting Mon 29-Feb-16 20:20:07

I've lived in my house since July last year and I live in a quiet cul de sac.

I have a neighbour over the road and he hasn't once opened any of his curtains since we have moved in. I see him occasionally outside but I can't understand why the curtains would be permanently closed.

DH thinks there is some kind of breaking bad operation going on in there hmm

ToadsforJustice Mon 29-Feb-16 20:21:58

He's growing cannabis!

beardsrock Mon 29-Feb-16 20:23:39

Does he cause any trouble other than the non-curtain opening?

Noise? Dogs? Parties?

HirplesWithHaggis Mon 29-Feb-16 20:24:52

He likes privacy. He doesn't like nosy neighbours. His windows are draughty. He doesn't like fresh air...

Doubtful it's a cannabis farm, there would be a smell.

gunting Mon 29-Feb-16 20:26:31

Toads do you think? I thought DH had been watching too much tv when he suggested that grin

Beards no he's no trouble. I've never had a conversation with him and I haven't got a problem with him I just don't understand why you'd keep all of your curtains shut

Vintage45 Mon 29-Feb-16 20:26:49

He can't be bothered with other curtain twitchers grin

Birdsgottafly Mon 29-Feb-16 20:27:06

My curtains are closed for most of the time, because I'm light sensitive and get headaches.

There could be a number of reasons, physical or mental.

Greydog Mon 29-Feb-16 20:28:09

The people who live across the road from us are the same! They have 3 young children, who never appear to get up in the morning, only ever when sent out with which ever parent/grandparent. The kids didn't even have the curtains open (or lights on) Christmas morning.

WhoisLucasHood Mon 29-Feb-16 20:28:13

He's a hoarder who can't reach his windows through piles of newspapers from the 80s.

Paintedhandprints Mon 29-Feb-16 20:28:51

Nudist.

Lurkedforever1 Mon 29-Feb-16 20:30:44

Chances are he's a vampire. Go and drag him out on a sunny day. If he turns to dust that proves it.

If he doesn't, then only other explanation is that he's got a meths lab in there.

gunting Mon 29-Feb-16 20:31:51

Birds ah I never considered something like that.

Well I guess I'm just going to have to assume he's a pot growing nudey hoarder.

gunting Mon 29-Feb-16 20:32:25

Meth vampire is also plausible

BirthdayBetty Mon 29-Feb-16 20:33:31

Vampire grin
Alternatively he might work nights?

Comeonmommy Mon 29-Feb-16 20:36:17

The people opposite me are the same. They have lived there a year now and both upstairs and downstairs curtains are closed all day every day!!!

gunting Mon 29-Feb-16 20:37:16

Birthday nah he doesn't work nights. He goes out at 8am in a suit. I'm not a stalker honest, I'm on maternity leave

VulcanWoman Mon 29-Feb-16 20:37:21

The advantages of living on a main road and not in a cul de sac, not so many people observing me.

gunting Mon 29-Feb-16 20:38:00

Comeon are you my next door neighbour? grin

wasonthelist Mon 29-Feb-16 20:39:08

This thread is like the old Mumsnet I knew and loved smile

LustyBusty Mon 29-Feb-16 20:41:59

Maybe he's lazy like me? Wander round naked until just before I go out to work and cba to open curtains to then immediately leave the house. Also have a crazy fear of seeing faces at the window in the dark, so keep curtains closed to prevent it. grin

BackInTheRealWorld Mon 29-Feb-16 20:43:52

I don't open my living room curtains in the winter. I don't go into the living room til evening so never have reason to.

I wonder if my neighbours think I'm running a drug cartel!

Oldraver Mon 29-Feb-16 20:43:59

He thinks he has a nosey fucker of a neighbour watching him he's right

BillSykesDog Mon 29-Feb-16 20:44:11

I have my curtains permanently shut. They're white, get enough light in through them. Don't like people looking in.

Lurkedforever1 Mon 29-Feb-16 20:48:32

His suit is standard vampire dress and the pretence of work just a cunning plan to fool the neighbours. Bet he has a red silk lined cape in his briefcase. He actually runs his drug emporium on facebook, and his 8am appearance is a post office trip to post his product to customers.

You know the formula 'hi hun, do u ave ny crystal mefs 4 sale an how mch?' 'yes hun can post them 2morrow Wil be a ton 4 u hun' 'ok hun will hav ur pile of grubby notes redy babe'

Heatherplant Mon 29-Feb-16 20:49:17

If you live opposite the lad I know who never opens his curtains it's because he's lazy and the inside of his house is a tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now