Talk

Advanced search

Masha and The Bear

(17 Posts)
Alichi1 Sun 28-Feb-16 13:55:51

I know kids love this and the episode 'Recipe for Disaster' is the 16th most watched Youtube video ever but isn't all that unsupervised cooking by a 3 year old a bit dangerous? Plus the fact that she lives by a railway track that she pedals across in her tricycle? Other peoples thoughts please?

catsoup Sun 28-Feb-16 13:57:56

It's an odd cartoon that's for sure. I

catsoup Sun 28-Feb-16 13:58:53

Oops posted too soon. I can't stand it but my DD loves it. I find the music creepy as well.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 28-Feb-16 13:59:32

It's Russia, totally normal.

ZiggyFartdust Sun 28-Feb-16 13:59:43

My thoughts are you taking a cartoon far too seriously.

MiscellaneousAssortment Sun 28-Feb-16 14:17:03

It's based on Russian folklore. DS went through a phase of loving it, and we watched an awful lot.

It's not as bad as some cartoons, I like that it's slightly quirky and doesn't have to have everyone behaving nicely all the time!

I was disappointed her bedroom is the bright pink girly uniform of recent years, as she breaks the girly girl stereotype in other ways.

However, the real question is, where are her parents / human carers? And why are they happy to leave either on her own all day, or in the care of a very grumpy bear?! Tut tut...

MattDillonsPants Sun 28-Feb-16 14:19:13

Well Charlie seems to be bringing Lola up alone...aside from occasional help from Marv...so one can hardly judge Masha's parents. It's a common issue within kids tv apparently smile

CuppaSarah Sun 28-Feb-16 14:59:34

I adore Masha and the Bear, it's a proper old fashioned cartoon where people sometimes do bad things, get hurt, make mistakes. There's no wrapping up with cotton wool, or spelling out the moral of the day.

Kids TV is so wholesome and perfect these days. It's brilliant to see a kid whose a brat and a carer who can't be always arsed muddling along. I'd argue it's more realistic than anything right now cbeebies in that respect. Children need things to be actually relatable and life just isn't so perfect and fluffy.

TooGood2BeFalse Sun 28-Feb-16 17:34:21

Aah my four year old son loves Masha!I do think she's a little cow from what I've seen, but DS does great big belly laughs when watching it smile He can be quite a serious little thing at times so I love it when he gets all giggly!Not sure about the bear either,bit weird but eh ok.

3point14159265359 Sun 28-Feb-16 17:36:32

I love it. There's so little dialogue I can totally ignore it.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 28-Feb-16 17:36:57

I love Masha and the Bear. DD used to watch it all the time (in Russian...)

Ickythumpsmum Sun 28-Feb-16 17:41:48

You are joking? Chill. Your kid is more likely to learn some Russian than cook a meal then cycle across train tracks.

Bunnyjo Sun 28-Feb-16 19:05:43

DS loves Masha and the Bear, and I have to admit I find them quite charming. I'd sooner subject myself to Masha and the Bear rather than Peppa bloody Pig or Ben and Holly!

Alichi1 Mon 29-Feb-16 13:59:32

I like the Masha is feisty and female. The pink bedroom is a pity and the obsession with her looks. But, come on, she tricycles across a railway track unsupervised. She says "gimme, gimme gimme' without being asked to say please or thank you. She's a ghastly role model. And this thing is going massively global. My kids are too old for this now so I'm not worried for them. Does anyone watch Tellytubbies anymore?

djini Mon 29-Feb-16 14:07:06

It's not very responsible to show a toddler biking across a train line and cooking unsupervised, but to put it in context, she's playing with a flipping bear. And wolves.

Dora goes exploring with no parental supervision either. But at least she only hangs out with a probably rabid monkey.

My DD(4) loves M&B and guffaws at it. I don't mind it - more watchable and humorous than Peppa et al, but I agree she's a precocious little shit. No wonder her parents are ok with her playing with bears...

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 29-Feb-16 14:10:36

cos generally cartoons are sooo realistic hmm

grin

It's a hit here

MiscellaneousAssortment Tue 01-Mar-16 02:10:00

There's a brand new series of TeleTubbies shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now