Talk

Advanced search

To think Keanu Reeves should keep his opinions to himself?

(35 Posts)
SamanthaBrique Sat 27-Feb-16 16:12:53

Seen on Facebook just now.

Now obviously I know it's not really Keanu behind this page so how can anyone think it is? Has social media robbed people of the ability to think critically?

GooseberryRoolz Sat 27-Feb-16 16:15:26

Are you sure he said that?

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Sat 27-Feb-16 16:15:40

Eh? I've no idea what he's on about. Sounds like drunken ramblings to me.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 27-Feb-16 16:16:38

Keanu's face is saying 'Weirdo super fans. I ain't got time for this shit'.

LucilleBluth Sat 27-Feb-16 16:18:26

Having been a fan of his face for many years, I don't think that is him.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 27-Feb-16 16:18:27

Hope he's ok, sounds like there's some specific stuff been directed at him sad

ByThePrickingOfMyThumbs Sat 27-Feb-16 16:18:28

Eh? Do people think that page is real then? It's obviously a fan page as you say. Not really him. Celebrities who are legit on FB have a blue tick. I thought everyone knew this.

Grilledaubergines Sat 27-Feb-16 16:19:49

YABU for thinking he can't voice his opinion. Although those words aren't his anyway.

Not an opinion I agree with but, like arse-holes, everyone has one.

GooseberryRoolz Sat 27-Feb-16 16:20:08

No it's a fan page, but OP seems convinced that the quote is genuine.

I can't see it myself.

DoreenLethal Sat 27-Feb-16 16:21:05

What does that even mean?

SoupDragon Sat 27-Feb-16 16:21:16

Celebrities who are legit on FB have a blue tick.

This.

I also suspect they do not add "the actor" after their name. Particularly when it is as unusual as Keanu Reeves.

I guess some people just want to believe everything they read.

LucilleBluth Sat 27-Feb-16 16:21:18

Keanu is the most chill actor there is, he's not known for pushing his private opinions.

SoupDragon Sat 27-Feb-16 16:22:05

but OP seems convinced that the quote is genuine.

No she doesn't. She clearly states that she knows it's not really him behind it.

RudeElf Sat 27-Feb-16 16:22:21

No way that is KR.

RudeElf Sat 27-Feb-16 16:23:08

And even if it was him, why should he keep his opinions to himself yet you get to voice yours OP?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 27-Feb-16 16:23:38

It's not real...

Now you've said that you know it's not real and questioned why people think Keanu said it, but your title suggests that you think Keanu did say it?

He didn't. Anyone who is stupid enough to believe that a spoof fan page, featuring controversial essays all accompanied by old pictures of Keanu was actually written by him, probably didn't have critical thinking skills in the first place. I don't think we can blame social media for that.

RaptorsCantPlayPoker Sat 27-Feb-16 16:24:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RaptorsCantPlayPoker Sat 27-Feb-16 16:24:49

RudeElf Sat 27-Feb-16 16:27:01

grin toddler!

Maryz Sat 27-Feb-16 16:41:32

APlaceOnTheCouch Sat 27-Feb-16 16:48:32

I think people are confused by the conflict between the title and the OP. The title implies Keanu said it. The OP says he didn't say it. Since the poster knows he doesn't say it then it makes the AIBU redundant.

Unless the title should have been AIBU to think it's obvious this isn't Keanu?

SamanthaBrique Sat 27-Feb-16 16:48:40

Now you've said that you know it's not real and questioned why people think Keanu said it, but your title suggests that you think Keanu did say it?

Maybe I should've put "light-hearted" or "sarcastic" in the thread title? Anyway, the basic premise of the thread was more about questioning why people believe everything they read on social media, rather than aiming anything at Keanu himself. And I thought it was perfectly clear that I'm well aware that he never said this - I was being sarcastic!

Maryz Sat 27-Feb-16 16:50:30

APlaceOnTheCouch Sat 27-Feb-16 17:04:50

It's a pretty horrible post . No-one would entertain it if it wasn't accompanied by a famous name and pic. It makes me feel quite queasy that some idiot is rubbing their hands together with delight that their crappy words are being shared through the ether under false pretenses.

But people are incredibly gullible on social media. I'm constantly telling people about snopes when they share obviously made-up crap. It makes no difference. And don't get me started on Twitter where it's all about 'the feels' and people thinking if they shout loud enough then they win.

Meh I've just read that bloody open letter thread so I'm not at my most light-hearted but rather raging at all the crap that has a platform nowadays

LifeofI Sat 27-Feb-16 18:23:50

cant see it to small

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now