Advanced search

to report ndn driving against doctor's advice

(44 Posts)
willowcatkin111 Sat 27-Feb-16 11:51:50

especially since she just crashed into our wall. Worried what/who else she might hit!

Grapejuicerocks Sat 27-Feb-16 11:54:02

How bad will you feel when someone is injured.

Report immediately.

ToomuchChocolatemeansBootcamp Sat 27-Feb-16 11:55:50

Yes I would report. Not U at all. This could prevent a collision where an innocent person is killed.

Grapejuicerocks Sat 27-Feb-16 11:57:33

You'd be just as culpable as her if you'd known and not done anything about it and she kills or injures some one. Could you live with that on your conscious?

Grapejuicerocks Sat 27-Feb-16 11:58:21

Conscience even

SweetieDrops Sat 27-Feb-16 11:59:29

Has she had her license revoked on medical grounds? Definitely report the wall incident and call 999 if you see her get behind the wheel again.

SweetieDrops Sat 27-Feb-16 11:59:52

Has she had her license revoked on medical grounds? Definitely report the wall incident and call 999 if you see her get behind the wheel again.

willowcatkin111 Sat 27-Feb-16 12:08:37

Not formally revoked. She had brain surgery in Dec and apparently doctor told her not to drive until he said she could. He told her at their last meeting that he wanted to do more tests before saying she could drive but she is basically fed up and ignoring him 'because it is not official from the DVLA'.
Who to/how would I report it?

MummySparkle Sat 27-Feb-16 12:10:24

I'd call 101 and let them know, they may ask you to call the DVLA, but will be able to give you the relevant number

Sallyingforth Sat 27-Feb-16 12:55:21

Of course you should report
For her sake as much as anyone else's. And her insurance will be invalid if she's driving against doctor's advice.

Sallyingforth Sat 27-Feb-16 12:57:36

Of course you should report. For her sake as much as anyone else.
And her insurance will be invalid.

Sallyingforth Sat 27-Feb-16 13:03:31

Sorry about double post!

tealoveryum Sat 27-Feb-16 14:24:56

Yes call 101 and tell them, especially make them clear about the wall crash because i suspect she has not informed her insurance about any of this and it needs recording.

BirthdayBetty Sat 27-Feb-16 14:32:01

I would imagine that her insurance isn't valid if she's been told not to drive for medical reasons, so yes, it needs to be reported.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tealoveryum Sat 27-Feb-16 14:41:49

Report it Miss, MNHQ will do it.

OurBlanche Sat 27-Feb-16 14:42:28

Click the Report button at the top right of your post and leave a message. I have done so for you.

In the mean time contact your bank immediately, number will be on the back of your card. Good luck.

wotoodoo Sat 27-Feb-16 15:00:41

This seriously needs reporting because her insurance would also be invaild.

RaspberryOverload Sat 27-Feb-16 15:08:35

You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.

This is from the DVLA website.

It does need reporting. Next time it may not be a wall she hits.

pointyshoes Sat 27-Feb-16 15:14:44

She should have reported the brain surgery to the DVLA. There is a fine of £1,000 for anyone who doesn't report a medical condition that could affect their ability to drive. Brain surgery is usually followed by a year's ban on driving, mainly because it can result in fits etc. She should have informed the DVLA (her responsibility) and they decide if she is fit to drive or not, or how long she shouldn't be driving. Even when her Dr says she is OK, then she has to wait for the DVLA's decision. They would review her medical notes etc and confirm whether she is fit to drive. Its on the say so of the DVLA not the Dr, although obviously the Dr's input is considered. Obviously driving as she is at the moment she is risking her life and others. If she were to have an accident, her insurance would be invalid. I think you should contact the medical dept at the DVLA(try their website for contact details). The possibility of her having an unexpected fit and causing an accident is enough to justify you doing so.

ToomuchChocolatemeansBootcamp Wed 02-Mar-16 19:28:17

This thread has been playing on my mind and I was wondering if OP would be kind enough to update us? she really could be the cause of a bad accident sad

Fluffyears Wed 02-Mar-16 20:34:47

Remember the Glasgow bin lorry accident? Innocent people killed and families destroyed because someone who shouldn't have been behind the wheel was driving. Report her, what if she hurts someone you care about or kills a child?

cranberryx Wed 02-Mar-16 22:16:48

Her insurance may be invalid if she is driving against medical advice, so her car insurance may not pay for your wall to be repaired (if that's how it works?) I would report to the police immediately.

LifeofI Thu 03-Mar-16 00:12:24

Although i think nothing will be done you should at least try and report it before she causes anothwr accident and tell her to stop driving. If you can maybe you could drive her somewjere once in a while

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now