Talk

Advanced search

to not help this time?

(4 Posts)
randomcatname Thu 25-Feb-16 22:03:55

Friend has put a message on facebook asking for someone to take her kids from 8am and drop them at school & playgroup because her husband needs a lift. Normally I'd help but 1) Why can't her husband drive himself? and 2) Why can't he take the bus? It runs from outside their door direct to where he needs to be.

Playgroup starts late so it would involve walking her kids and mine at a snails pace to school and then entertaining her toddler for a bit before playgroup.

No one's replied to her post and I feel bad. But I only ask for help when I'm desperate and she doesn't seem to be.

Verdict?

EssentialHummus Thu 25-Feb-16 22:07:26

Don't do it! If you answer, you make it your problem.

I do this all the fucking time with work - volunteer, step in, and then fume and regret it and vow to hold back the next time. Just step away/ignore.

starry0ne Thu 25-Feb-16 22:12:51

Do you know..You don't have to have seen it...Lots of people don't go on FB everyday...

I agree with previous poster .. if you don't want to do it don't make it your problem

randomcatname Thu 25-Feb-16 22:12:51

Thanks Essential - I think you're right. I get the feeling her husband leaves her to do everything. He's always away on various things. She works so hard and is a good mum but I feel I'd be facilitating what I perceive to be his crap behaviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now