AIBU to be bothered by this sign on a house

(14 Posts)
MadisonAvenue Thu 25-Feb-16 15:37:40

When I've been out walking I've noticed a sign next to a door on a house by a primary school - it's one of those cast concrete (??) ones that are usually found at garden centres to use as garden ornaments but this is attached at eye height right above the doorbell.

"Hello
Welcome
Now Piss Off"

I know it's none of my business, I really do, but I just fail to see the humour in it.

OfaFrenchmind2 Thu 25-Feb-16 15:39:15

I don't! smile I like it, and I can understand why they would have it next to a school!

IceBeing Thu 25-Feb-16 15:39:29

YANBU to not find something funny. We can't control what makes us laugh.

imwithspud Thu 25-Feb-16 15:40:00

YABU to be bothered by it. Some people find that kind of humour funny. It's not like it's on your front door is it?

imwithspud Thu 25-Feb-16 15:40:31

But at the same time YANBU to not find it funny.

BillBrysonsBeard Thu 25-Feb-16 15:42:52

I like it! Might put off cold callers too grin

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 25-Feb-16 16:01:01

Meh.

Just don't look at it.

Notimefortossers Thu 25-Feb-16 16:01:47

I'd be annoyed if it was by my kids school. My 7 and 4 year olds could both read that and they don't know that language x

Notimefortossers Thu 25-Feb-16 16:02:45

Oops! Accidental x!

pictish Thu 25-Feb-16 16:11:21

It's lame but it wouldn't bother me. Are you afraid a child might read and see the word 'piss'? I'm sure they'd make it through to see another day despite. Not sure what your beef is.

chanelfreak Thu 25-Feb-16 16:39:17

YABU - it's their garden and they can do what they want with it. I wouldn't be a fan personally of the sign though makes cats bum mouth

TwigTheWonderKid Thu 25-Feb-16 18:16:32

I swear like a trooper but I do find this kind of public rudeness really unpleasant and totally unnecessary.

wartynose Thu 25-Feb-16 18:37:48

Naff & silly. It could be used as a discussion about taste with your DC.

Anniegetyourgun Thu 25-Feb-16 18:44:43

DB and SIL used to have a voicemail that said "I'm afraid we're far too busy to talk to trash like you, but if you care to leave your name and number we may get back to you if we have nothing better to do." I had not one but two elderly relatives ringing me up to complain about it confused If a chap is old enough to have his own landline in his own house then he's old enough to decide what he can record on it, frankly, even if some do find it in poor taste. He's certainly too old for sisters to dictate to him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now