Ihatemymooncup Thu 25-Feb-16 08:28:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BankWadger Thu 25-Feb-16 08:30:22

Just clean it first.

gooseberryroolz Thu 25-Feb-16 08:30:44

Are there passersby down there?

FrozenPonds Thu 25-Feb-16 08:31:39

I'm old school, and use pads.

I have a mooncup in my cupboard for the zombie apocalypse/days of no money/when I take leave of my last bit of sense grin.

Give it up, and embrace the frivolous easy life!

TanteRose Thu 25-Feb-16 08:32:42

meh, its just a bit of blood- your OWN blood. If you cut your finger and it got on your face, it wouldn't freak you out would it?

The sounds are certainly interesting but there are only a couple of days when I have to change mine at work, and can live with that for the sake of no tampons and towels.

londonrach Thu 25-Feb-16 08:39:27

With with frozen!!

BurningBriquette Thu 25-Feb-16 08:41:19

Won't somebody think of the neighbours children... wail.

HSMMaCM Thu 25-Feb-16 08:42:09

You have a naughty mooncup. Mine never made noises or flicked blood. grin

RuggerHug Thu 25-Feb-16 08:59:07

I'm with Tante. Anything unexpectedly flying into your face is a bit ARGH but I wouldn't freak out about. Just me though, if you're sick of it just make sure it's clean before you throw it out the window / no passing dogs are there to think it's a new chew toywink

moggle Thu 25-Feb-16 09:03:26

I don't use mine as much since I had DD... First of all it didn't quite fit so well afterwards, and now she's a nosey toddler she tries to grab it as I move it the two feet from toilet to sink to rinse it out...
Also before I had her there was a cat incident too.
So no do throw it out the window if you want! However it might make a reappearance as some kind of waterproof hat for the neighbourhood kids' action man / barbie...

moggle Thu 25-Feb-16 09:04:55

Also I don't really understand how it could flick blood on your face, where was it / where was your face?!! I pop it out and tip contents down the loo before getting it anywhere near my face!

Blacksheep78 Thu 25-Feb-16 09:05:01

You have a naughty mooncup. Mine never made noises or flicked blood.

I wish I had discovered the cup years and years ago!!!

Best thing ever!!

TheDowagerCuntess Thu 25-Feb-16 09:09:17

I always manage to get it out with sound effects. But no matter what I do, it always leaks on day 2 (my heaviest day), and I don't know why. WHY does it leak?! It's not full, it's securely in place, and yet it leaks.
Why? confused

QOD Thu 25-Feb-16 09:10:16

Every time I read one of these threads it reminds me that I lost mine. Hopefully in the house not in my vagina

IPokeBadgers Thu 25-Feb-16 09:14:08

Moggle - I'm intrigued.....

before I had her there was a cat incident too.

Focusfocus Thu 25-Feb-16 09:19:30

Only one comment. Why is the blood that resides inside your uterus deemed quite so unclean and termed "period blood" like it's quite ewwww?

howsyermammy Thu 25-Feb-16 09:26:50

Go ahead, as long as you shout "Gardyloo" to give fair warning!

teabagsmummy Thu 25-Feb-16 09:28:06

QOD mine is also lost proberly turn up in my ds room everything i lose turns up there

ElkCameUponHerMusketeer Thu 25-Feb-16 09:32:47

LTB

EmbroideryQueen Thu 25-Feb-16 09:33:34

I have never seen the appeal of mooncups! There are plenty of other ways of being Eco, and they just seem messy and ineffective.

Also, how do you deal with it in a public loo? Don't they need wiping with bog roll then rinsing in the sink? So you'd have to come out of the cubicle and walk to the sink to be seen washing it? With no protection at the time? Then go back to the cubicle (if there's a queue, do you get to jump it?) and re insert? Plus what happens if it falls down the pubic loo / somewhere you can't retrieve it?

To many dilemmas!

I predict in 10 years it will be regarded as a weird fad (someone tell me I'm right??).

YourLittlePlantPot Thu 25-Feb-16 09:35:34

I've just ordered one. Kept forgetting but this thread reminded me grin

moggle Thu 25-Feb-16 09:35:45

badgers- I was folding it up in preparation for putting it in, cat was sitting there on the bath mat staring at me, my fingers were wet and the cup unfolded itself and pinged right into the cat's face! She was most perturbed. They much prefer tampons, they are like little mice...

focus can't speak for anyone else but for me period blood is fine and dandy but I would rather it wasn't on my face and if it suddenly appeared there when I wasn't expecting it I would think, ew, and wish it hadn't happened. Same as when I accidentally get peed on by DD. Perfectly clean bodily fluid but still would rather it was in her nappy.

QuiteLikely5 Thu 25-Feb-16 09:38:06

Gross. I can see why you're fed up! I have toyed with the idea of buying one but this thread has put me right off!

Imagine if your make up was ruined at work thanks to the blood......shock

moggle Thu 25-Feb-16 09:41:16

Embroideryqueen I've already been using mine for ten years! For me I usually don't need to change it so frequently that I would HAVE to change it in a public loo but in the past I've either rinsed it by pouring a bottle of water over it (over the loo) or have just emptied it and put it back in. I don't wipe it with loo roll; if at home I just rinse it in the sink.
I will be honest if it fell in the loo that would be a problem but no more so than if I accidentally dropped my only tampon down the loo while putting it in. I would probably fish it out wrap it in toilet paper stick it deep in my bag to sort out later and wodge some loo paper in my pants then get something better asap! I'm not really squeamish about toilet stuff though...

AuntDotsie Thu 25-Feb-16 09:45:19

Nah, I couldn't even get mine in. Launch it with joyful abandon. I've bought a Jam Sponge for next period to see if they're any cop. If not, it's back to old fashioned tampons for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now