This was not the appropriate place for DH to stuff his litter?

(13 Posts)
MrsSeanBean Tue 23-Feb-16 16:31:05

The other day I came into the sitting room just in time to catch DH stuffing his empty crisp packet down between the gaps in the floor boards.

We have an old house and don't have a cellar as such just a void underneath the house which is sometimes used by plumbers etc to walk about in to fix or move pipes etc. DH's response, 'no one goes there it doesn't matter..'

My response - 'that's gross, use the bin you foul slob!'

I am angry and blush to think of what other festering litter might be down there waiting for the next plumber. Admittedly it's only a narrow gap, just wide enough to accommodate a very flattened out crisp packet.

I can't even get down there to fix it, the plumbers have to lift a special hatch in the kitchen and walk the length of the house and I am scared of the dark and spiders.

Aibu?

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Tue 23-Feb-16 16:31:48

Eurgh! You'll get some kind of infestation!

DoreenLethal Tue 23-Feb-16 16:32:27

Why would you go down to fix it? Send him down to go pick up whatever shit he has put down there.

FauxFox Tue 23-Feb-16 16:38:59

How long has he been doing that?! You'll get mice or rats if you haven't already! What a lazy slob confused

WorraLiberty Tue 23-Feb-16 16:41:49

I hope you don't have any electrics down there, as it sounds like a fire hazard.

MrsSeanBean Tue 23-Feb-16 16:45:45

Gawd knows Faux. I don't think the are any electrics down there, at least I hope not as my dad used to say there was water at the bottom!

comedycentral Tue 23-Feb-16 16:46:15

What a dirty lazy man he is, you will get rats!

BolshierAryaStark Tue 23-Feb-16 16:52:21

Indeed, why would you fix it? Send him down there. Just disgusting hmm

CakeNinja Tue 23-Feb-16 16:53:04

YANBU. That's how infestations start envy
(If it has yummy crumbs. In which case, LTB, who leaves crumbs behind, they're the best bit!)

MrsSeanBean Tue 23-Feb-16 16:55:59

Ha ha at him fixing it! He's a stubborn lazy thoughtless oaf. Literally out of sight out of mind as far as he was concerned. I mean he's not lazy in that he will do stuff if he thinks it should be done, but he literally didn't see a problem with a crisp packet going under the floor boards! shock

I do wonder sometimes why I am still with him, but that's a whole other thread for another day!

FauxFox Tue 23-Feb-16 17:03:40

He sounds very disappointing OP sad

RhiWrites Tue 23-Feb-16 17:14:47

That is grim. And you'll get rats!

MrsSeanBean Tue 23-Feb-16 17:19:24

I know, it's vile and I'm angry. Who in their right mind would do such a thing... here I am married to one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now