Talk

Advanced search

to think that if I buy an 'applicator' tampon I shouldn't have to 'manually' insert it? IYSWIM!

(36 Posts)
ILoveWillSmith Mon 22-Feb-16 16:56:24

Am I doing something wrong?! Granted, I don't use them very often but ffs! I usually buy Tampax Pearl - have no problem with them - however the other day I had to buy ordinary Tampax with applicator. The tampon itself will just not come out of the plastic part, I've wasted about 10 of the things now. I'm 45 years old and sitting reading the instructions on how to insert a tampon!
Is it just me or has anyone else had this problem with these?
Maybe TMI - sorry! but I insert it in the normal way, pull out plastic - tampon is still in it! angry
It wouldn't be so bad but they're bloody expensive! When you've got PMS you dont need this to wind you up!

Meandyouandyouandme Mon 22-Feb-16 17:01:09

You need to push the inner tube in to the outer tube and tampon will be in the right place, then take out applicator.

Pointlessfan Mon 22-Feb-16 17:02:07

I find the same with the plastic ones, the cardboard ones are ok.

seasidesally Mon 22-Feb-16 17:05:05

ive had the same problem,luckily i seem to be going through the early stages of menopause so just need a liner as hardly anything there,tmi i know

ILoveWillSmith Mon 22-Feb-16 17:19:28

You need to push the inner tube in to the outer tube and tampon will be in the right place, then take out applicator.
I do that but its like the hole in the plastic isn't big enough for it to come out - if that makes sense!
I've used the other type of Tampax with no problem, maybe I bought a dodgy batch - typical! grin

LindyHemming Mon 22-Feb-16 17:21:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whathaveilost Mon 22-Feb-16 17:23:24

I've never had a problem with The ordinary Tampx just push and go!

Whatdoidohelp Mon 22-Feb-16 18:35:50

Can you post a pic of it?

The hole at the end of the outer tube doesn't look like the tampon will fit through but the edges will give way and allow the tampon through.

I used to push it out a little bit before inserting then it worked....usually.

Akire Mon 22-Feb-16 18:55:29

Are these the plastic applicators? I found that I never have that trouble with card board ones and are much cheaper yes twist then push!

Meandyouandyouandme Mon 22-Feb-16 19:04:55

Sorry I was no use blush have you got the ordinary ones, which are still quite cardboardy or Tampax Compact which are plastic?

Kelsoooo Mon 22-Feb-16 19:06:29

I also twist and push. With both the cardboard and plastic applicators. Or I push it out a bit before insertion then grip the ridges and push hard

SmallGreenBouncyBall Mon 22-Feb-16 19:08:36

I just take the tampon out of the applicator before insertjng blush

LivingInMidnight Mon 22-Feb-16 19:13:10

small wouldn't it be cheaper to just get non applicator ones?

RatherBeRiding Mon 22-Feb-16 19:14:01

Used to bloody hate the plastic ones - just couldn't cope with them. If I did actually manage to get the bloody tampon pushed out it was never in the right place and felt horribly uncomfortable. angry

Lilets non-applicator all the way.

Chattymummyhere Mon 22-Feb-16 19:14:04

Could be a dodgy batch. I use pearls normally but never had this issue with any of the others I've tried by them. Pop them a message.

SmallGreenBouncyBall Mon 22-Feb-16 19:29:23

wouldn't it be cheaper to just get non applicator ones? sure but if cought out and the only sort sold has applicators...

eurochick Mon 22-Feb-16 19:39:05

Sounds like a dodgy batch.

LivingInMidnight Mon 22-Feb-16 19:41:08

Ahh true small

SmillasSenseOfSnow Mon 22-Feb-16 19:42:57

I ended up switching to non-applicator ones when I moved somewhere that didn't seem to really have the ones with applicators, but prior to that I found that the standard cardboard applicator ones would be more often than not be 'broken' after being carried around in my bag for a while. And no, trying to put one of those up there manually is definitely not the same as trying to put the non-applicator ones up manually!

I find applicators very unpleasant nowadays. I can see that that probably doesn't help you though.

Katkincake Mon 22-Feb-16 19:50:25

I have this problem with the tampax compacs too. I mainly use pearl or normal and also never had problem with the plastic on the pearls. Having said that I only had a compact on me on the weekend and i managed to get the darn thing to insert properly, but it is hit & miss.
LOL at reading the instructions at 45, bet you felt like a teenager again grin

Minisoksmakehardwork Mon 22-Feb-16 19:59:34

Some of the Tampax ones have changed their applicator so it's a two piece plunger (if that makes sense,mysterious have to pull the innermost one out until it clicks to make it longer) and there is no lip on the outer tube. I can't get on with those ones for love nor bloody money as I can't get enough of a grip to get them where they need to be. So I end up taking them apart and pushing them in manually. Of course, I never remember which ones they are until I've bought the bastard things. Although the last ones I take had some kind of random 80's type design to the individual wrapper .

Bellygirl Mon 22-Feb-16 20:55:55

Have the same problem angry its like the tamon doesn't get pushed out far enough. I've stopped using them now.

suchafuss Tue 23-Feb-16 00:45:58

Yep me toohmm

seasidesally Tue 23-Feb-16 09:16:46

and i found they pinched

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now