Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think dh could have given me a lift?

(50 Posts)
LlamaPops Sat 20-Feb-16 19:53:40

I don't drive. Dh does.
Normally I don't moan about walking everywhere but I had to go and do something tonight which was a 30 min walk each way. I feel utterly crap thanks to a cold. Dh mentioned how rough I looked when he got home hmm and yet when I asked him to give me a lift to where I needed to be I got 'Oh I'm tired, you'll be ok' .

Now this pissed me off and I walked it anyway because quite frankly part of me thinks that if he cba to help me out a tad then I don't want him to.... now feel utter shit.

Would have been there and back in 20 min's had he of helped me a bit....took me a hour and a half and energy that I only just had.
To top it off I get home and ds hasn't been fed and he's sat there expecting me to make food that I don't want to eat.

Is he being a twunt? Or aibu?

poppiesanddaisies Sat 20-Feb-16 19:55:38

YANBU

Sparkletastic Sat 20-Feb-16 19:58:05

What a dick. Tell him to get a takeaway.

partialderivative Sat 20-Feb-16 19:58:09

How often do you expect him to be the chauffeur?

wigglebum84 Sat 20-Feb-16 19:58:11

Are you seriously going to cook for him?

Imnotaslimjim Sat 20-Feb-16 19:58:57

Yanbu, he's being an arse. If you're ill and not hungry I'd go to bed. How old is DS? Can he wait for dad to figure out that he needs to cook?

PUGaLUGS Sat 20-Feb-16 20:00:48

What a twat.

Get yourself a hot bath and go to bed flowers.

Passmethecrisps Sat 20-Feb-16 20:01:07

By the sounds of it not as often as op's husband expects her to be chief cook and bottle washer, partialderivative

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Sat 20-Feb-16 20:02:38

Yanbu - hope you feel better soon brewcake

AtSea1979 Sat 20-Feb-16 20:03:48

Simple solution, get your drivers license. Stop being dependable on others. Then DH can shove it.

LlamaPops Sat 20-Feb-16 20:04:01

I don't expect him to give me a lift anywhere very rarely ask (I am more than happy most of the rime to make my own way around!) and he even more rarely offers but when it's pissing with rain and dark then a bit of help would have been appreciated.

usual Sat 20-Feb-16 20:04:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

partialderivative Sat 20-Feb-16 20:05:50

By the sounds of it not as often as op's husband expects her to be chief cook and bottle washer

I don't think the OP made any reference to cooking or bottle washing.

Possibly an assumption of yours?

LlamaPops Sat 20-Feb-16 20:06:33

AtSea Easier said than done....it's a work in progress.

I don't depend on him or anyone else to cart me around..me not being able to drive very rarely stops me doing anything on my own. Just like I managed tonight...just. <quietly dies in the corner>

Passmethecrisps Sat 20-Feb-16 20:08:11

There are plenty of reasons why a person might not be able to get a driver's license. Partial sightedness, seizures, black outs, severe anxiety and so on. And even if none of those apply, asking for a lift occasionally from your husband is hardly the crime of the century.

I agree with others - he can navigate his own way round the kitchen while you go t bed and get better

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 20-Feb-16 20:08:53

He wouldn't give you a lift because he was tired? So you walked an hour there and back ?

He's expecting you to cook for him?

There are two words I can think of that you should say to him Fuck off.

What a selfish tit.

Passmethecrisps Sat 20-Feb-16 20:09:49

I simply meant that she asked for one lift which he refused while he sat on his arse not preparing dinner for himself or the children.

Bottle washing is no more of an assumption than him being a chauffeur.

KitKat1985 Sat 20-Feb-16 20:09:50

I think the solution here is you tell DH to order you all a take-away since you are knackered and feel rough after a long walk in the rain. smile

HelsBels3000 Sat 20-Feb-16 20:11:26

wow. My DH offers me lifts for two minute trips down the road, we both drive & have our own cars. He is BVVVVVVVVU.

honeylulu Sat 20-Feb-16 20:15:20

1. Learn to drive if at all possible.
2. Don't cook tonight!

LoveBoursin Sat 20-Feb-16 20:17:02

Well for a start, I wouldn't cook and just tell him I'm going to bed.
Because you are unwell thanks for a cold and doing too much in the cold.

I would let him know how bad you are feeling because of the all and hoe it was just too much for you. A shame he didn't think it was ok to give you a lift because he was 'tired'.

And YY to get a driving licence.

As an aside, is He always that unhelpful?

Believeitornot Sat 20-Feb-16 20:17:44

Learning to drive doesn't really detract from the fact that the dh was a bit of an arse.

Yanbu

PaulAnkaTheDog Sat 20-Feb-16 20:18:03

I'm assuming a lot less than he expects her to be cook derivative.

CooPie10 Sat 20-Feb-16 20:19:40

Yanbu what partner wouldn't help if they could. How pathetic of him .my Dh would drive me a minute down the road or two hours without me even having to ask.

usual Sat 20-Feb-16 20:23:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now