Talk

Advanced search

To be excited that David Cameron could be gone in 4 months

(150 Posts)
feellikeahugefailure Sat 20-Feb-16 14:05:02

I'm assuming now that BJ will support the brexit campaign and if we vote to leave DC will have no choice but to resign and BJ would be the obvious replacement.

Also I do think SC came across really well on bake off, she did seem lovely. I wouldn't mind her being PM.

Witchend Sat 20-Feb-16 14:06:38

I think Mary Berry come across well on Bake Off. I don't think she's going for pm.

whifflesqueak Sat 20-Feb-16 14:07:46

better the devil you know.

the man is an arse but compare him to other senior tories...

Katenka Sat 20-Feb-16 14:08:44

Wd Balls came across ok on bake off. He would be a shit PM. He was my MP and I met him frequently. He is a lazy shit who didn't do anything for this area for years. You didn't see that side him on bake off.

SaucyJack Sat 20-Feb-16 14:09:26

Are you a UKipper?

I don't know of anyone else politically who wants to both leave the EU and get shot of DC.

Katenka Sat 20-Feb-16 14:09:57

Ed

Why would spell check change Ed for wd... Twatty phone

feellikeahugefailure Sat 20-Feb-16 14:10:10

EB came across awfully on bake off IMO, I wanted to throw dough at that smarmy face. That was the highlights of the elections seeing him lose.

Katenka Sat 20-Feb-16 14:11:26

That was the highlights of the elections seeing him lose.

very true. Was in the edge of my seat waiting for that one. He had 2 recounts as he didn't believe it.

But I do think he came across better on bake off than the ED I am familiar with. Maybe not good but better

feellikeahugefailure Sat 20-Feb-16 14:12:09

No I'm not a kipper, I'm just fed up with the system and want change.

I voted strategically for lib dem in last GE, greens for last EE and joined the labour party to vote GC. I have no alliances.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 20-Feb-16 14:12:27

I think it's better than devil you know that the devil you don't. I mean who'll take over George Osbourne. I highly doubt it going to be any better with him running Britain. From David Cameron. I can see a very small fraction of a fraction of compassion but George Osbourne. I see absolutely none. He always seems to have an evil smirk on his face to me, like he's getting off on the next cuts. He's going to make
I can't really comment much on Samantha Cameron, but from what I've seen of her. She doesn't seem to have much personality, really.

feellikeahugefailure Sat 20-Feb-16 14:16:28

Same here, it was hilarious. Maybe I just saw behind the false smiles on BO.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FREMA0c1bTg

OOAOML Sat 20-Feb-16 14:16:30

I don't know Samantha Cameron's opinion on anything, nor do I watch Bake Off. And I've never voted Tory but will vote to stay in the EU because this is much bigger than one man or one party.

You never know, the Tory party may totally split over the aftermath (unlikely, they tend to be a bit better at papering over the cracks, but I'm in my 40s and they've been arguing over this as long as I can remember) so you may not get your wish of Boris as PM.

feellikeahugefailure Sat 20-Feb-16 14:18:40

I don't like this better the devil you know, thats what got blare in 2nd and 3rd time. Better to go with something new, the current system isn't working and still have 4 more years to go.

deregistered Sat 20-Feb-16 14:18:58

What on earth has the PM's wife got to do with this? Bizarre comment.

I think the public will vote to leave the EU.

Historic times indeed.

DC tried to hard to engineer his 'tough talking' Brussels showdown and came away looking like a dick with nothing to show AT ALL.

The compromises he's 'ensured' are not even enforceable!

feellikeahugefailure Sat 20-Feb-16 14:21:59

I did just mean she came across quite well (though not sure i believed her claim to have never seen a vanilla pod before, i can't imagine her with essence). After Bill lost, Hillary started her careerer.

VertigoNun Sat 20-Feb-16 14:22:00

Once BJ gets going you will be wishing you had Cameron back.

I think a change of leader may spark a GE.

AdrenalineFudge Sat 20-Feb-16 14:22:27

I've always been under the impression that George Osbourne would be the next leader or replacement should David Cameron resign; is that not the likely case?

But much like you Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost, I agree that there is something sinister about George Osbourne.

ilovesooty Sat 20-Feb-16 14:25:34

I'm no fan of Cameron but the alternatives in the Tory party are even worse.

And I can't imagine what relevance a bloody TV show has in terms of judging people's capacity to run the country.

VertigoNun Sat 20-Feb-16 14:25:38

From David Cameron. I can see a very small fraction of a fraction of compassion but George Osbourne. I see absolutely none.

DC can't look at JC during PMQT or lie in front of his wife. grin He and Teresa May are the lesser evils in that party.

Chipstick10 Sat 20-Feb-16 14:25:58

If you believe in democracy vote out. Boris is only concerned for Boris. Gove has beat him too it with a magnificent statement.

nattyknitter Sat 20-Feb-16 14:32:56

Sadly I think Gideon is the most likely successor. He is the one that worries me the most.

That smarmy odd smile that looks like he is plotting to pull tails off kittens when he gets home.

YesterdayOnceMore Sat 20-Feb-16 14:33:03

I dislike Cameron, but he has already said he isn't going to run in another election, so he'll be gone by 2020 anyway. If we vote to stay in, likely Tories will be taken over by George Osborne. If we vote to leave, it'll be Boris Johnson. Both IMO are far worse than DC. We could even end up with Gove... Shudder. We won't get a GE until 2020, so we'll end up with "someone else" as PM until then. Oh dear.

With regards to Samantha, I feel very sorry for her from the bake off programme. She said she hadn't had such a good laugh since school and it was nice to be recognised as a person in her own right instead of just as David Cameron's wife. She is a nice person from what I've heard. Obviously a bad judge of men though.

HesterShaw Sat 20-Feb-16 14:33:11

Yes I'd totally rather have Gideon the sociopath as PM.

Oh hang on...I wouldn't.

Lauren15 Sat 20-Feb-16 14:36:50

Samantha Cameron is just lovely. She's successful and talented but so modest. I don't know what she sees in him.

Quills Sat 20-Feb-16 14:37:11

YABVU. I'm no fan of the Tories (I voted LD in the last two elections) but the thought of a simultaneous Brexit and Osbourne/Johnson at the helm of the country, unrestrained by the EU, is terrifying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now