Would this annoy you?

(45 Posts)
Abbinob Fri 19-Feb-16 18:57:57

DP "had to" take his twat of a brother to court this morning at 8:30. Calls me at 1 and says its done, brother got community service blablabla going to go over his mums for an hour or so then be home to help with toddler (who is the physical embodiment of terrible twos ATM) He hears DS screaming in the background and I had my kid sister and cousin over, he said it sounds stressful and he'd be back soon.

Still not home. My guess is with idiot brother celebrating his victory of being a moron and getting away with it.
Could atleast have the decency to tell me if an hour turns into 6.
If he does come back in willing to bet a lot on the fact that he will sit on Xbox all night.
I'm already pissed off that after saying he was hungry, I made dinner last night and he just sat next to it on his Xbox for an hour. Maybe that one is petty but it seems rude as fuck to me. When he cooks dinner I can't imagine just sitting next to it and carrying on with what I was doing.

MissBattleaxe Fri 19-Feb-16 19:00:44

He is inconsiderate and rude. He is not being either a good father or a good Dad.

MissBattleaxe Fri 19-Feb-16 19:01:04

Sorry a good partner or a good Dad.

jimijack Fri 19-Feb-16 19:02:20

Annoy me?
He would be my fucking ex.
No way would I tolerate that kind of shite.
No way.

Unfortunately I have very little time or tolerance to waste on people who contribute fuck all to the well being of me or my kids.

DoBananasWearPajamas Fri 19-Feb-16 19:02:41

take the fuse out of the xbox plug and go out when he comes in

Guitargirl Fri 19-Feb-16 19:03:00

He sounds awful.

Why are you still with him?

redexpat Fri 19-Feb-16 19:03:35

YANBU. Rude as fuck it most certainly is. Leaving you with a toddler for several hours wouldn't be so bad if you were prepared for it, but he told you he was coming home, so totally unacceptable. Leaving the meal cooked to go cold shows no gratitude. Ignoring you and playing x box is really rude. All 3 within 24 hours I would probably hit the roof.

Ginkypig Fri 19-Feb-16 19:04:08

Ok he's being a dick.

have you not heard the rule, gaming is ok most of the time but the rule is you don't game while you eat!

Dp knows it goes off or gets paused just befor food is served until food is done, I do the same.

If either of us complain the other just replies thems the rules!

Reason that rule is in place, simple. It's fucking rude to ihnore the effort somone made and the person your eating with!

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 19-Feb-16 19:06:08

What positives does this person bring to your life?

MissBattleaxe Fri 19-Feb-16 19:06:08

I think he should only be gaming when he has finished doing his share of the work and not leaving it all to you. Lazy git.

Abbinob Fri 19-Feb-16 19:09:01

Oh he's returned. Right after toddlers bed time. What a fucking surprise. I knew he'd wait until toddler was asleep. Knew it.
"Fell asleep" and mahically woke up just after ds bedtime. because he must have been so tired from me being awake all night in the other room with said toddler

MillionToOneChances Fri 19-Feb-16 19:11:42

He's had a nice nap then, he'll be fresh as a daisy to look after toddler all night tonight...

wannabestressfree Fri 19-Feb-16 19:11:43

His controller would be 'toddlered' in my house...... that will learn him ;)

phequer Fri 19-Feb-16 19:11:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MillionToOneChances Fri 19-Feb-16 19:11:59

Can you go sleep elsewhere?!

OhYouLuckyDuck Fri 19-Feb-16 19:25:59

Yes. He'd be coming home to a very cold shoulder indeed.
YANBU.

Seeyounearertime Fri 19-Feb-16 19:27:11

Pop out for an hour OP, then come back tomorrow after a nice night in a decent hotel.

Esmeismyhero Fri 19-Feb-16 19:29:56

Oh op he is a prize wanker! Get a hammer and smash the Xbox to smitherins

MrsH1989 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:30:00

It's quite rude of him to go to his mother's and fall asleep! If I was his mum i would have woke him up and sent him home. With my foot up his ass

MadamDeathstare Fri 19-Feb-16 19:31:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ohtheholidays Fri 19-Feb-16 19:44:58

Take the fuse out of the fucking x box plug!

OP you said his brother is a Twat sounds like he'd fit that description himself pretty well.

Let him get up with the toddler in the night he's had a whole day of and a good nights sleep by the sounds of it so tonight you get a good nights sleep and tomorrow you get the day of.
Parenting and being in a relationship only works when your both working at it.

Abbinob Fri 19-Feb-16 19:45:20

Apparently I'm controlling.
Mentioning the dinner thing has really pissed him off I said I wouldn't accept it from DS so certainly don't expect it in an adult. But no I'm telling him when to eat apparently.
No. I asked should i cook dinner is he hungry. He said yes.
And I'm "wanting go know his exact location all the time" because I expect a fucking text to let me know of hea going to be 6 hours instead of 1 or 2

Seeyounearertime Fri 19-Feb-16 19:47:43

why are you with him exactly?
besides drama, stress and worry, when does he bring happiness and joy to your life? When does he make your life better than it would be if he wasn't in it?

MissBattleaxe Fri 19-Feb-16 19:48:03

Dump him. He's a shit.

BertPuttocks Fri 19-Feb-16 19:48:09

He sounds like an overgrown teenager.

No, I take that back. My teenage boys behave better than he does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now