Talk

Advanced search

Nearly done stuff put back in the fridge gives me the rage

(16 Posts)
PitPatKitKat Fri 19-Feb-16 17:46:13

Today in the fridge there is a jar of mushroom sauce with a teaspoon of stuff left in it, a bag of ready to heat rice containing about a tablespoonful, a litre of coconut milk with a tiny dribble and a carton of grapes with just the stalky skeleton & two baby grapes clinging onto it for dear life. What's this, a banquet for a fairy?

The bathroom this morning- the cardboard middle of the loo roll with the last crumpled square hanging off it and the toothpaste tube with not quite enough left in to come out of the nozzle, shower gel with half in inch of showergel infused water.

OwlinaTree Fri 19-Feb-16 17:48:04

Lolling at banquet for a fairy!

It's left because then no decision needs to be made or action taken.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Fri 19-Feb-16 17:50:05

Gets my goat too!!

DH will use all but one mushroom and return it to the fridge - same with milk and near empty butter tubs!!!

Why for the love of god why???

PitPatKitKat Fri 19-Feb-16 18:01:45

You've hit the nail on the head Owl, it's the decision making. It's always puzzled me because DH is really the very opposite of lazy. It's the decision making.

What do you do with the one mushroom Sally? I have a teapoon of sauce to go with it. Maybe we can pool our mushroom resources and really show the fairy a good time.

CaptainCrunch Fri 19-Feb-16 18:01:51

A shred of waffer thin ham curling up in its sweaty plastic coffin, the millilitre of milk barely coating the bottom of the bottle. I can't stand it either op.

Bailey101 Fri 19-Feb-16 18:02:22

Mushroom sauce??!?! Is that like actual mushrooms made into sauce, for sticking on your chips and stuff? It sounds amazing if it is grin

PitPatKitKat Fri 19-Feb-16 18:12:03

It's for pasta Bailey. It's just finely chopped up sauteed mushrooms in a jar with a bit of oil and some seasoning. It's good with rice or a baked potato as well though. Especially with some sweetcorn added.

Got it in Sainsburys at Xmas. Don't see why you couldn't put it on chips, but it'd be more like a relish as it's chunkier.

I have seen mushroom ketchup before though.

PitPatKitKat Fri 19-Feb-16 18:15:56

He's just texted asking if I want a hot chocolate picked up on his way back from work so I'll have to forgive him I suppose.

But it would have been a different matter if there had been a sweaty ham coffin as well Captain. That'd have been the last shred straw.

MrsPnut Fri 19-Feb-16 18:19:48

My teenager does it so she can say that she didn't use it all.
It drives me to apoplectic forms of rage, because she never then says anything. I pass a supermarket on my way home from work, and then walk pass the shop in the village every night to collect her sister from school. A simple, we've run out of, would prompt me to pick some up and not at 6am when I am trying to make packed lunches and I discover she ate almost a whole pack of ham the day before.

Bailey101 Fri 19-Feb-16 18:24:53

I'm off to sainsburys, that stuff looks awesome 😄

dustarr73 Fri 19-Feb-16 18:29:33

The empty packet rage.You open press/fridge see something you fancy and its empty or has a dribble in it.It drives me demented.Im sick telling them to throw it out.

grin at banquet for a fairy

RaspberryOverload Fri 19-Feb-16 18:38:21

PitPatKitKat Mushroom ketchup is actually quite liquid, not like tomato ketchup.

It's fab for adding a real "meaty" flavour to casseroles, pasta sauces, etc, and I add it even though the DCs don't like mushrooms. You don't actually taste "mushroom" when it's cooked into these sauces, etc.

Great stuff.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Fri 19-Feb-16 18:47:48

DH Valentine from me!

Summerisle1 Fri 19-Feb-16 18:48:59

YANBU. Makes me rage, this sort of caper does.

Both dcs were experts at the ham coffin. Same 'reasoning' as MrsPnut's dd - if even the tiniest waft of it was left then nobody had to take responsibility for eating it all. When challenged, a look of outraged surprise would cross both their faces as they stoutly denied finishing it up. Because, of course, nobody had finished it up. Despite what was left being fuck all use for anything - oh, and always being discovered at 6am too.

My former MIL had a fridge almost entirely full of tiny little saucers of tiny little, fairy-dinner sized leftovers. Although you'd have had to be a very unfussy fairy with a very strong stomach to work through MIL's bizarre but miniature collection of leftover offerings.

dodobookends Fri 19-Feb-16 18:49:17

Currently languishing in our fridge is a jar of horseradish sauce, with literally none left apart from smears around the side of the glass. DH finished the last of it and wanted to throw it out but I said no, put it back in the fridge.

The next time I make a beef casserole, I will put some hot water in the jar, give it a good shake, and add the horseradishy water to the casserole. Yum.

BoGrainger Fri 19-Feb-16 19:02:42

Along with the ham, I can offer a half-inch cube of cheese sliding around in it's original wrapper and, my pet hate, a tub of Lurpak, empty apart from the excess wiped from a slice of buttered toast. angry
Not in the fridge but cereal boxes that look full but contain one weetabix, 10 Rice Krispies or Cornflake crumbs. I know why they are left because it involves recycling the boxes and that's far too much effort for my children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now