Talk

Advanced search

To be worried about ultra white blinds?

(36 Posts)
Theladyloriana Fri 19-Feb-16 12:03:13

Major first world prob but I just ltb in a rush, needed blinds pronto as new house major flashing risk (me to the neighbours obvs) so I called up and bought without seeing the actual blind! I am so worried they will be officey and unpleasant on the eye! Bought the 50mm wooden Venetian blinds from blinds 2 go. Hand holding needed grin

icelollycraving Fri 19-Feb-16 13:09:06

Ok,are they wildly expensive? If they look like an office,could you just pop them up as a temporary measure?
White is the new black wink

thebiscuitindustry Fri 19-Feb-16 15:01:40

Can you send them back and exchange for something you prefer? Blu-tack some paper onto the windows in the meantime.

JennyBunn Fri 19-Feb-16 15:07:10

I have white wooden Venetian blinds in my bay window. They are nice but horrendous to dust. I always thought that vertical blinds were the officey sort?

honeysucklejasmine Fri 19-Feb-16 15:10:16

Blinds 2 go are a good company. They'll probably be quite nice, if not a bit of a dust trap.

We have one way blinds from there... "Voile" effect, can see out but not see in. Brilliant as otherwise I would have to keep the curtains closed all the time.

Wagglebees Fri 19-Feb-16 15:12:54

White wooden horizontal blinds are nice. It's the vertical ones that are officey.

pigsDOfly Fri 19-Feb-16 15:14:40

I've got wooden look white, although not ultra white, venetian blinds all over my house. I love them. I think they look fabulous and definitely not officey at all. Having said that I'm of a very minimalist persuasion when it comes to window furniture and wouldn't have curtains.

Had a lot of compliments on them from visitors as well.

HappyGirlNow Fri 19-Feb-16 16:16:51

I have white wooden venetians in my bathroom - they're lovely.

EllieJayJay Fri 19-Feb-16 16:21:34

To the posters who said about dust traps

Use tumble dryer sheets... Rub down and reflects the dust for a week at least

Best thing ever in the war against dust on blinds

Theladyloriana Fri 19-Feb-16 19:16:15

Thank you all and thank you ellie for the fab tip... I'm worried that they are ultra white instead of soft white ! Do I need to give my head a wobble?!

EllieJayJay Fri 19-Feb-16 19:33:23

Love those blinds!! Just love them lady x

EllieJayJay Fri 19-Feb-16 19:34:54

We are currently in blind decision mode as they need a refresh and ultra White is lovely so clean and crisp

Theladyloriana Fri 19-Feb-16 19:57:16

Thanks Ellie! I am now feeling a bit more excited grin

icelollycraving Fri 19-Feb-16 20:06:26

I have white shutters. You can't go wrong with white. They match paintwork,look fresh & clean.

BeautifulLiar Fri 19-Feb-16 20:10:21

Ooh honeysuckle I think we're blinds twins. They're amazing aren't they?!

honeysucklejasmine Fri 19-Feb-16 20:42:52

Beautiful grin Yes! They are fantastic! We have them on all the bedroom windows and the living room too. Worth the money! Not that they were that expensive really, considering they are custom made!

honeysucklejasmine Fri 19-Feb-16 20:45:03

I found them because I wanted net curtains, but not net curtains, because I couldn't find any that didn't have patterns all over, or that the cats didn't find highly attractive. hmm They aren't interested in the blinds, HOORAH!

BeautifulLiar Fri 19-Feb-16 20:47:06

Yes! They're sort of posh net curtains, if you like. I've got them in the living room as I'm probably going to be spending most of the year sat in there breastfeeding so it'll be nice not to be overlooked grin

honeysucklejasmine Fri 19-Feb-16 20:49:47

Yes! I live en route to a primary school. Lovely not to have LOADS of kids having a nosy at my living room every day.

These amazing blinds are here if anyone is interested.

RubyChewsDay Fri 19-Feb-16 20:50:29

How the hell do you have faith in your own measuring when ordering blinds online.

Mine would probably arrive and fit a dolls house or a p&q ferry shock

I cant do it, no matter how hard I try. I just now, I will balls it up.

honeysucklejasmine Fri 19-Feb-16 20:54:08

Lol Ruby! Roller blinds fit inside the window, so it's really easy to measure. And obviously drop isn't that important for a roller blind.

Although I did mess up the measuring for my living room. Ordered them 5cm too narrow. Luckily the window is a "mews style" and has a really chunky frame, so the slightly narrow blind actually covers the glass perfectly. Just not the frame too. Oops.

jetsetlil Fri 19-Feb-16 20:54:39

Which white ones did you get HONEY? I'm currently looking for some white ones too. Thanks

honeysucklejasmine Fri 19-Feb-16 20:58:52

I got the ones linked to jet. My windows are white UPVC so wanted a bright white blind too, rather than the more off white colours.

RubyChewsDay Fri 19-Feb-16 20:59:26

Can I get blinds for patio doors? But toddler proof, as in - her not using them.as a ladder hmm

jetsetlil Fri 19-Feb-16 20:59:48

Sorry cross post

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now